Saturday, August 10, 2013

Ashton Kutcher Fancy Box- March 2013

I recently jumped on the subscription box bandwagon earlier this year and now I've developed quite a collection! One of the companies I subscribe from is Fancy, which offers a total of eight subscription boxes: Verbal, P!nk, Ashton Kutcher, Tyler Florence, Fancy Food, Coco Rocha, Jennifer Love Hewitt & the original Fancy box.

I subscribe to five of these: Ashton Kutcher, Coco Rocha, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Tyler Florence & the original Fancy box subscription. This is my review of the Ashton Kutcher Fancy box subscription.

The Box: Ashton Kutcher Fancy Box

The Cost: $46.95 ($39 plus $7.95 for shipping)

The Products: Each box promises $80+ worth of products curated by Ashton Kutcher for Fancy

Get 10% off your first box or any order with code FOLLOWUP10

Note: Fancy does not allow returns on boxes, but they now allow returns within 30 days for one item per box in exchange for either a $15 gift card or a random item.



Winestein - $20

I love this! In fact, I'm using it now for a glass of wine from Door County's Harbor Ridge Winery. :) It isn't dishwasher safe, but that isn't an issue for me. I love Fred products. They are so fun.


The Official C.I.A. Manual of Trickery and Deception (Paperback) -$17 (Listed as $14.99 on the back cover)

Here is the information from the back cover:
"Magic or spycraft? In 1953, against the backdrop of the Cold War, the CIA initiated a top-secret program, code-named MKULTRA, to counter Soviet mind-control and interrogation techniques. Realizing that clandestine officers might need to covertly deploy newly developed pills, potions, and powders against the adversary, the CIA hired America’s most famous magician, John Mulholland, to write two manuals on sleight of hand and undercover communication techniques.
In 1973, virtually all documents related to MKULTRA were destroyed. Mulholland’s manuals were thought to be among them—until a single surviving copy of each, complete with illustrations, was recently discovered in the agency’s archives.
The manuals reprinted in this work represent the only known complete copy of Mulholland’s instructions for CIA officers on the magician’s art of deception and secret communications."
I actually haven't gotten the chance to read this yet, but it looks interesting and is next on my reading list. I'm currently finishing up the Girl With a Dragon Tattoo trilogy. Can't wait for the next movie!


Pilot and Captain Tokyo Shirt -$32

This shirt is so soft, I love it.  It's not as soft as it once was after multiple washes, but it's still very comfy. I probably wouldn't have picked this shirt out for myself as I don't usually wear brown, but I'm happy with it. I love the design concept. When I wear it, I have a sudden urge to plan a trip to Tokyo and wear this on the plane.

Image of Big Ass Brick of Soap - Black Bar 3-Pack

Duke Cannon Supply Co. "Big Ass Brick of Soap" -$8/bar (Listed as $17.50 for a 3 pack on Duke Cannon, so $5.83/bar)

I received two of these bars and gave both of them to my little brother who is in college. He loves the scent, which is very masculine and he still has a bar left! That gives you an idea of how big those bars were. They were the biggest bars of soap I had ever seen in my life. I love that Ashton included these even if I couldn't use them, since part of the proceeds went to veterans. My father is a veteran, so this hit home!

Overall this box had a value of $78.65 which is just under the promised $80. I find that sometimes Fancy's prices are elevated on their site, so I use the retail site values instead when calculating. Even so, I still think this box is a great value and I liked this one better than his first!

No comments:

Post a Comment