Friday, August 9, 2013

Coco Rocha Fancy Box - July 2013

I recently jumped on the subscription box bandwagon earlier this year and now I've developed quite a collection! One of the companies I subscribe from is Fancy, which offers a total of eight subscription boxes: Verbal, P!nk, Ashton Kutcher, Tyler Florence, Fancy Food, Coco Rocha, Jennifer Love Hewitt & the original Fancy box.

I subscribe to five of these: Ashton Kutcher, Coco Rocha, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Tyler Florence & the original Fancy box subscription. This is my review of the Coco Rocha Fancy box subscription.


The Box: Coco Rocha Fancy Box

The Cost: $46.95 ($39 plus $7.95 for shipping)

The Products: Each box promises $80+ worth of products curated by Coco Rocha for Fancy

Get 10% off your first box or any order with code FOLLOWUP10

Note: Fancy does not allow returns on boxes, but they now allow returns within 30 days for one item per box in exchange for either a $15 gift card or a random item.



Team Coco Shirt - $25.99

Coco: On The Face last season Team Coco were the underdog but also the most loved team on the show. In fact we had about 70% of the public support, leaving Team Karolina and Team Naomi to fight for the leftover 30%. ;) Show your support for Margaux, Marlee, Stephanie, Britany and of course yours truly by sporting our #TeamCoco T-shirt!

I don't watch The Face, so this shirt isn't for me. I may like Coco, but that doesn't mean I want to wear her face on my shirt. This shirt was also WAY too small for me. The NBC website states that it's a Juniors T-shirt, which makes sense because I don't really see a grown woman wearing this shirt. I contacted customer service about returning this item, but they told me to keep it (they aren't selling the shirt on their website) and gave me a $10 credit since the shirt didn't fit.



Calorie Counting Wine Glass - $20

Coco: We've all read the studies about how a glass of wine fits snuggly into a healthy, balanced diet. Use this glass to regulate what you drink!

I haven't decided if this is something I'd use or not. If I do, I would most likely pour it to the "who cares" line. Counting calories just seems excessive to me. I'm a firm believer in everything in moderation, so as long as I work out and eat balanced meals overall I have no issue with enjoying life and eating/drinking what I want. I may not be model skinny like Coco, but I'm healthy and I see no reason to be anything other than my natural body type. Either way it's nice to have a general idea how much I'm drinking.


Senhoa Sovana Earrings - $85!

Coco: I was asked to create this capsule jewelry collection with and for the girls at Senhoa. These ladies, some as young as 4 years old, are rescued out of human trafficking in Cambodia and at 16 given a career as jewelry makers. I'm very proud of these girls and the work we are doing in that part of the world. I hope you feel beautiful as you wear my earrings, which were made by the very hands of the women they support.

I love the background behind these earrings! While I wouldn't wear these everyday, I'll definitely wear them during the holidays. These are very pretty earrings and they support a wonderful cause.



Hair Artist 2x Hair Chalk - $10 (Prices vary from $9 - $5 elsewhere)

Coco: Create a unique boho look with this easy to use hair chalk - the best part is that you can change it up whenever you want!

This hair chalk isn't necessarily my style, but I may be willing to give it a try now that I have it. Fancy's website seems to list their price the highest at $10. I wasn't able to find a definitive price, but the range is between $9 and $5.

Overall this box had an incredible value of $135.99. While it wasn't my favorite box, I was happy with the earrings which valued more than the price of the box alone, so this was still a win for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment