Saturday, August 10, 2013

Coco Rocha Fancy Box - March 2013

I recently jumped on the subscription box bandwagon earlier this year and now I've developed quite a collection! One of the companies I subscribe from is Fancy, which offers a total of eight subscription boxes: Verbal, P!nk, Ashton Kutcher, Tyler Florence, Fancy Food, Coco Rocha, Jennifer Love Hewitt & the original Fancy box.

I subscribe to five of these: Ashton Kutcher, Coco Rocha, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Tyler Florence & the original Fancy box subscription. This is my review of the first Coco Rocha Fancy box.

The Cost: $46.95 ($39 plus $7.95 for shipping)

The Products: Each box promises $80+ worth of products curated by Coco Rocha for Fancy

Get 10% off your first box or any order with code FOLLOWUP10

Note: Fancy does not allow returns on boxes, but they now allow returns within 30 days for one item per box in exchange for either a $15 gift card or a random item.


Sample of L'Occitane Hand Cream .3oz - Approx value $4 (Listed as $12 for 1 oz on L'Occitane)

This sample size is much smaller than the usual travel size available at L'Occitane stores. Fancy had it listed on their site for $15 for a .3 oz! I don't think that's right since L'Occitane sells 1 oz packages for $12. I already have this, but I put it in my bag as a spare. If you haven't tried the brand, I'd recommend it! I love their peony scents from their Pivoine Flora line.


Rings & Tings Spiked Bracelet - $15 (Listed as 6.50 euros or approx $8.71 on Rings & Tings)

This bracelet just wasn't my style, so I ended up swapping this and a couple more items on the Box Love Exchange B/S/T Facebook group for the Gorjana Striped Scarf from June's POPSUGAR box! I've been able to exchange for a lot items thanks to this group! 


China Glaze in Catwalk - $15 for two bottles on Fancy ($7.5/each)

China Glaze in Sun Worshipper -$9 for two bottles on Fancy ($4.5/each)

The prices for these nail polishes vary depending on the retailer, but these are valued at $7.50 or less apiece. I received a hot pink China Glaze polish as a gift once and I loved it, but then I must not have screwed the lid back on properly because it leaked all over my bag and dried out. I was happy to try the brand out again, especially knowing that they are big 3 free. I tried the sun worshipper color once and unfortunately it's just not for me. It came out looking more orangey - yellow than it did in the bottle. I haven't tried concrete catwalk color yet, but I may just end up giving both away. I'm currently in Julep phase right now anyway. The gray polish definitely seems more my style though!

If anyone is interested in either of these polishes, comment below!


Opaque Over the Knee Socks by American Apparel -$13

While I don't think I could ever wear these socks as modeled on Fancy, they are great for wearing under my trouser pants for work. These should be a staple in every woman's wardrobe.



The Little Dictionary of Fashion by Christian Dior -$15 (Listed as $19.95 on the back cover)

This is a great coffee table book to keep out when you are entertaining guests. I've only browsed through it, but I think I'm going to put it on my nightstand and read one letter each night before bed. Definitely interesting and different!


Fred Cool Jewels Ice Tray - $15 (Price varies depending on retailer)

I love all the different types of ice cube trays Fancy offers on their site. I probably wouldn't have ordered this particular one, but I'm glad I got it in my Fancy box either way. It will definitely go to use and it'll look great in drinks when entertaining.

Overall I had mix feelings on this box. While I liked most of the items, I found the value to be a little on the low side at $72.66 and it lacked a wow factor for me. Either way I still received more than I paid for and since this was only the first box, I decided to keep subscribing!

Note: With this box, Fancy started including information cards explaining why each item was chosen. I unfortunately didn't keep any of these cards, but will make a point to include them with future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment