Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Ashton Kutcher Fancy Box - May 2013

I recently jumped on the subscription box bandwagon earlier this year and now I've developed quite a collection! One of the companies I subscribe from is Fancy, which offers a total of eight subscription boxes: Verbal, P!nk, Ashton Kutcher, Tyler Florence, Fancy Food, Coco Rocha, Jennifer Love Hewitt & the original Fancy box.

I subscribe to five of these: Ashton Kutcher, Coco Rocha, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Tyler Florence & the original Fancy box subscription. This is my review of the Ashton Kutcher Fancy box subscription.

The Box: Ashton Kutcher Fancy Box

The Cost: $46.95 ($39 plus $7.95 for shipping)

The Products: Each box promises $80+ worth of products curated by Ashton Kutcher for Fancy

Get 10% off your first box or any order with code FOLLOWUP10

Note: Fancy does not allow returns on boxes, but they now allow returns within 30 days for one item per box in exchange for either a $15 gift card or a random item.


Lively Up Leather Sling by House of Marley - $80

When I took this bag out of my box I could tell it was a higher quality item. I also love that this was made with environmentally friendly fabrics/hardware AND proceeds go to charitable causes! This will be perfect for traveling and will hold a tablet or reader even with a cover. 

True Clean Towel -$20

It's hard to tell from this picture, but this towel is a gorgeous bright blue color AND it is super soft, which is a must when I buy towels. I instantly thought of my little brother when I saw this towel. For some reason he ALWAYS seems to use my towel after showering at my parents' house. You'd think he'd grab a new towel, but he doesn't. With his birthday coming up this month, I may end up gifting this to him and buying another for myself.


Fred Finger Print Bookmark - $5.99

Fancy had this listed on their website as $15, but that number seemed a little high for a bookmark. I did some research and it's sold at prices ranging from as low as $2.50 and as high as $7.09 Since this is a Fred product I placed the value at around $5.99 as sold on Tilly's.

I loved the design concept of this bookmark. I used it here to keep my place in "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell. Unfortunately my cat decided it was a snack and chomped off the finger and snapped the band in two. :( I haven't decided if I'm going to buy another or not. I recently got a Kindle Fire and I have been reading primarily on there, but I still have huge number of books on my shelf that need to be read.


Slang Flashcards -$10

I thought these cards were a great addition to the coffee table, especially for when we have guests. Some of the terms like "for reals" "son" and "fail" are widely used today, but there were several I've never heard of. There's something for everyone in this deck, making it fun for all generations. They even include five games to go along with the cards. To give you an example of what the cards look like, I randomly chose a card from the deck to show in the picture above, but since it's a little hard to read I included it below:

Salt: to prevent something from occurring; to impede another person's efforts; to put someone down, insult, humiliate

"I didn't mean to salt your game boo"

Overall I thought this box had a great value at $115.99 and I enjoyed all the items I received. It even gave me great gift ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment