Friday, September 6, 2013

Fab Fit Fun Summer Box - July 2013

The FabFitFun VIP Box is a new quarterly subscription box from FabFitFun and Guilana Rancic. This summer box is their second box so far and I can't wait for the fall box!

The Box: FabFitFun VIP Box

The Cost: $49.99 every quarter (4x a year)

The Products: The hottest seasonal items (worth at least $100) selected by Giuliana Rancic and the FabFitFun team.

New Member Special: Get a FREE full-size bottle of Purlisse Pur~Delicate Gentle Soy Milk Cleanser (Retail Value: $36).

The box!

Information Card!


Purlisse-Pur-Delicate Gentle Soy Milk Cleanser - $36

Recently named as one of Vogue's favorite products, this gentle face wash and makeup remover features a non-irritating, exclusive blend of soy milk, soy proteins, whole oats, and white tea. The soap-free, non-foaming cleanser leaves your face silky soft, without a trace of impurities.

This was the product I was most excited to try and so far I love it. It cleans your face without stripping your skin of its natural oils AND it's free of parabens, color, fragrance, and phthalates!

Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Hypoallergenic Facial Towelettes - $2.99


This was a bonus item, so there wasn't anything on the information card regarding these wipes. A lot of people rave about these towelettes, but I wasn't a huge fan. I've tried other products, so I like the brand, just not these particular towelettes. I'm not a fan of the Burt's Bees towelettes either, so I guess I just haven't found a natural towelette that I like yet! I just didn't feel clean after using these, like I still had gunk on my face. I ended up putting these in my gym bag for those in-between shower/post-workout times.


Ivory + Mason Posh Sunwear - $135

Thanks to this VIP box, your future is so bright that you've gotta wear shades -Ivory Mason shades that is! These super chic, uber-flattering sunnies will be your go-to accessory all summer long.

The pair I originally received weren't even sunglasses! They were clear frames with clear demo lenses. I think it was meant to be the Daisy pair, which had purplish lenses. I contacted Ivory & Mason and they gratefully let me exchange for this pair without having to pay the $9.95 exchange fee. (Ivory & Mason offered all subscribers the option to exchange for a fee of $9.95 + shipping to return, which for me was like $2). I love the mint in these glasses and they are a welcome deviation from my usual wayfarers. Even better yet, for each pair of glasses they sell, Ivory & Mason donates a pair to a child with impaired vision. Gotta love a good cause! :)
 

Orly Nail Polish in Glittering Garbage - $8.50

This was another bonus item, so there is nothing on the information card for this item either and YES, it is really called glittering garbage. I really don't wear a lot of nail polish and I'm kind of in a Julep phase right now, but I do think this shade is lovely and if I don't use it, I'm sure I can sell or swap it!

Catalina Su Lip Gloss - $14

Say hello to your next summer romance and kiss boring lips goodbye with this shine-tastic lip gloss from Giuliana's much-loved makeup artist Catalina Su. A staple in G's makeup bag, this lip gloss has just enough color and shine to create the prettiest of pouts.

I really love the color of this lip gloss. It's a pink nude with a bit of shimmer. Perfect for me! It's also not sticky at all, which I love. My only issue is that a lot of the product seems to end up on the outside at the top of the tube, so I feel like I'm wasting some of the product.


Evian Brumisateur Facial Spray - $12

Stay cool with this must-try facial spray! Its unique mineral balance and neutral pH means it's super hydrating for all those hot summer days. Millions of microdroplets are instantly absorbed into thirsty skin whenever and wherever you need it!

This is not something I would have bought on my own, but I'm happy to try it out. I've seen these sold at Younkers/Boston Store and it always fascinated me that people pay $12 for a can of water that you mist in your face. Now I can find out if it really is all hype or not. I haven't used it yet, but that's mainly because our summer here has been extremely mild this year. This would have been gone within a week if I had this last summer in D.C.

Infinity Sun Glow on the Go (Travel Size) - $35


Get sunkissed sun safely with this all-natural, anit-aging, sunless aerosol. In a convenient travel size, this sunless tannner features essential oils, antioxidants and botanicals that will keep you looking bronzed and beautiful.

I've received quite a few samples of bronzing products this year, so I haven't tried this yet either. I like that it's a spray on self-tanner though!


It Hair Care Surf Spray - $7.48


Who doesn't love the way their hair looks after a day at the beach? Now thanks to this must-try hair infusion, you can have beautiful beachy waves - wherever, whenever! Natural sea salt, marine sea kelp, and their exclusive Algae Triage Complex combine to create sexy, tousled, windblown beach waves with a fresh marine scent!

I have naturally wavy hair, so I love using beach spray to really give my curls a boost! I really like using this product and I like the light scent too.

KIND bar in Maple Glazed Pecan & Sea Salt - $1.49

Spice up your snack time with these healthy and delicious new bars from KIND. We love the sweet and salty combo of the protein-packed nuts and rich maple.

I devoured this bar moments after opening my box, so unfortunately I don't have a picture, but it was delicious! ;)

Overall this box had an amazing value of $252.46! I loved everything in this box for the most part and can't wait to see what's in store for fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment