Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Fancy Box - July 2013

I recently jumped on the subscription box bandwagon earlier this year and now I've developed quite a collection! One of the companies I subscribe from is Fancy, which offers a total of eight subscription boxes: Verbal, P!nk, Ashton Kutcher, Tyler Florence, Fancy Food, Coco Rocha, Jennifer Love Hewitt & the original Fancy box.

I subscribe to five of these: Ashton Kutcher, Coco Rocha, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Tyler Florence & the original Fancy box subscription. This is my review of the original Fancy box subscription.


The Box: Fancy Box

The Cost: $46.95 ($39 plus $7.95 for shipping)

 The Products: Each box promises $80+ worth of products from Fancy

Get 10% off your first box or any order with code FOLLOWUP10

Note: Fancy does not allow returns on boxes, but they now allow returns within 30 days for one item per box in exchange for either a $15 gift card or a random item.



Aqua Pouch Speaker - $20

Fancy: The newly designed Aqua Pouch Speaker allows you to use your phone in the shower without ever having to worry about water damage. You can now make phone calls in the pool and listen to music outside in the rain simply by placing your smartphone in the pouch and connecting it to the earphone jack. The Aqua Pouch is also touchscreen friendly and has an attachable foldable stand for hands-free compatibility.

I originally got this item in pink, but I exchanged with Jennifer from Ramblings of a Suburban Mom for the green pouch. I love this item and I use it to listen to my tunes in the shower everyday. With my hearing loss, I can't hear the music from a speaker outside the shower, so this pouch was the perfect solution for me. Granted I have to have the volume turned ALL the way up, but no one seems to mind as far as I know. My boyfriend listens to his music almost as loud as I do already and he has full hearing. :) The only thing I've noticed is that the on/button light flickers, which tells me water might have affected it, but it's kept my iPod completely dry and that's all that matters. I wouldn't go submerging it completely underwater though. I trust that it's water-resistant, but not necessarily waterproof.


The Fancy Wayfarer - $30

Fancy: Be one of the first people to rock these custom made matte black Fancy Wayfarer sunglasses just in time for summer. Now wear them proudly please, since you are an official member of Team Fancy!

I didn't get the matte black pair described on the information card, but I had been looking into getting a pair of tortoise sunglasses, so I was happy to see these in my Fancy box! They are in my go-to wayfarer style too, so this is definitely a win for me.


Sophie Sparrow Shark Tooth Necklace - $40 (This is listed as $60 on Sophie Sparrow's site!)

Fancy: Sophie Sparrow's gold coated Shark Tooth Necklace is the most badass necklace on the market. The necklace will match perfectly with your summer outfits while also serving you as a reminder that Shark Week is right around the corner.

I absolutely LOVE this necklace. It may be my favorite item I've ever received from a Fancy box. It's long, gold and delicate. Everything that I usually gravitate to when buying jewelery, yet I have nothing else like it. The only thing I've noticed is that I have to put this on AFTER spraying on perfume since it causes discoloration on the necklace strand, but this is an easy fix with baking soda and hot water. I've gotten compliments every time I worn this necklace.


Chef'n Veggichop - $20

Fancy: This hand-powered cook's tool evenly and efficiently chops fruits, vegetables, herbs, nuts and meats without a cutting board. A few pulls creates a coarse chop; the more you pull, the finer the texture becomes. We use it for our summer time favorites -guacamole and salsa. :)

I will use this product since I have absolutely NO knife skills. My boyfriend on the other hand is a chef and doesn't understand why we need a product like this. Well when he isn't there to cook for me, I totally need it. I have a feeling though he'll still use it for things like guacamole. It's basically a mini blender. :)


Chef'n  Burger Machine - $15

Fancy: To make the best burgers, you need the best tools. The Burger Machine is the easiest, fastest way to make uniform burger patties for juicy, tender results. Choose one of five thickness settings, then press down and lift to reveal custom patties. If that's not perfect for your summer BBQ then we don't know what is!

I love the concept of this. Sure you could always make patties by hand, but these ensure even cooking and you can buy pound packages and freeze store individual patties for later use! Perfect for when you're only cooking for one or two people. 

Overall this box had a value of $125 and I'll use everything in this box! I think this is my favorite Fancy box to date!

No comments:

Post a Comment