Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Fancy Box - May 2013

I recently jumped on the subscription box bandwagon earlier this year and now I've developed quite a collection! One of the companies I subscribe from is Fancy, which offers a total of eight subscription boxes: Verbal, P!nk, Ashton Kutcher, Tyler Florence, Fancy Food, Coco Rocha, Jennifer Love Hewitt & the original Fancy box.

I subscribe to five of these: Ashton Kutcher, Coco Rocha, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Tyler Florence & the original Fancy box subscription. This is my review of the original Fancy box subscription.

The Box: Fancy Box

The Cost: $46.95 ($39 plus $7.95 for shipping)

 The Products: Each box promises $80+ worth of products from Fancy

Get 10% off your first box or any order with code FOLLOWUP10

Note: Fancy does not allow returns on boxes, but they now allow returns within 30 days for one item per box in exchange for either a $15 gift card or a random item.


Milo Micro-Suction Stand - $10

At first I wasn't sure what use this would be for me, but then I realized I could use it to hold up my Kindle on my nightstand and watch Netflix before bed. I love it so far. Far better alternative than holding my laptop in my lap.


Selection Decanting Pourer by Menu -$13

This is supposed to filter, split and oxygenate the wine as you pour. I haven't had an opportunity to use this yet, but it sounds good! 


Skeleton TKO Watch in Mint - $95

After receiving a pink TKO watch in my April Coco Box that I won't wear, I was excited to see this mint skeleton TKO watch in this box! I love the mint color and I had been thinking of getting a skeleton watch for myself. However, I noticed this watch differs from the one for sale for $125 on the TKO website in terms of branding placement and red dots in the mechanical works. The version on the TKO website also winds, allowing for the skeletal mechanics to move! I kind of wish the version I received could do that! Because of this, I'm not sure of the particular value of this watch. The Fancy website places the value of this particular version of this watch for $95 (they also had the original version for sale on their site for $100), but I feel like that's still high considering it's almost like a knock-off version of the original. In fact, I found this EXACT watch in a sale bin for $25 at Anthropolgie minus the TKO branding. Goes to show how much you pay for the brand! Either way, I love this watch and probably would have bought it for $25 at Anthropolgie (I'm one of those people who could care less if something is branded or not). Would I have paid $95? No, but I still love it and I'm glad I got this watch in my Fancy box!


MIZU Fancy Stainless Steel Water Bottle -$18

This was probably my least favorite item in the box. I'm just not a fan of the taste of the water when drinking out of stainless steel water bottles. I prefer glass water bottles as the alternative to plastic. It was a nice idea, but I'm not sure I can gift it with the Fancy logo.

Overall this box had an approximate value of  $136. Would I have paid $136 for this box? No, but I'm definitely happy with the value for what I did pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment