Friday, September 6, 2013

Hautelook Summer Beauty Bag #2 - July 2013

HauteLook is a Nordstrom company that offers deals on a variety of products everyday. Periodically they release their seasonal beauty bags. This year they released two summer beauty bags. This is my review of the first.

The Bag: HauteLook Summer Essentials Beauty Bag (One time purchase!)

The Cost: $20 plus $7.95 for shipping

The Products: "Create an effortless summer beauty routine with our HauteLook Summer Beauty Bag. Stocked with 13 best-selling cosmetic, grooming and skincare products, this chic secret weapon houses the handy tools and pops of color you need to achieve the perfect summer glow. Skin-quenching lotion, pout-plumping lip gloss, bronzing self-tanners and much, much more—all in a travel-friendly bag that’s ready for every summer adventure.Brands include: BlowPro, Lorac, Whish, and more!"

This bag came with an information card!
List of products in the bag. I will include this information below in italics!
The bag!

Originally HauteLook advertised that the bag would be blue and white with polka dots, but it ended up being a clear bag with a cardboard insert. Too bad, I would have loved a polka dotted makeup bag. I love the quality bag I received from the first summer beauty bag though, so I'm okay with it.


Crown Brush 5 Piece Travel Brush Set - $11.13
  
This travel set includes everything you need for makeup application on the go, all in a compact case.
 
These aren't the highest quality brushes, but they are great for traveling. They also came in a cheap clear plastic sleeve, so I'm not sure what this "compact case" is that's mentioned on the information card. I threw the sleeve out. The set includes a brow/last groomer, eyeshadow brush, powder/blush brush, lip brush and an angled liner brush. I actually didn't own a lip brush or an angled liner brush so these are both nice additions to my brush collection!



L'Occitane Shea Hand Cream .3 oz - $3.60

Enriched with Shea Butter, this super-creamy balm penetrates skin quickly to nourish and moisturize.

Yay another sample of L'Occitane's hand cream. One can never have too many. :)

Mirenesse Lip Bomb Glossy Lacquer Stain in Lip Bomb 27 - $39 FULL SIZE

Bonus item: This innovative lip color combines gloss, stain and lacquer all in one multi-tasking product.

This color is bold! I'm not sure if I can pull it off, but I'm glad I don't have anything else like it. 

NYX Cosmetics Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Vitamin - $4 FULL SIZE

The mineral-based formula offers a beautiful velvet texture saturated in summer's best shade.

This is my favorite item in the bag. Sheer color that's perfect for daytime looks.


Lorac Special Effects Mascara in Black - $23 FULL SIZE

Get a double dose of lashes with a primer on one side and a lengthening mascara on the other.

I haven't used this yet since I want to finish using my current stash, but I love that this is full size AND has a primer!

Lashfood Nano-Peptide Natural EyeLASH Conditioner .5ml -$7.50

Nature's most powerful ingredients deliver at the cellular level to feed and strengthen lashes.

This product is supposed to improve the appearance of length, thickness, and strength of lashes within 4-8 weeks. I'm not sure that it has done any of the above, but I'm also not sure I'd notice if it did. I don't think this product is for me. I feel so weird applying it. I like that it's free of parabens and synthetic fragrances though!

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in Naked .03 oz - $14.25

This pencil glides on smoothly to keep lipstick, gloss, and stains from feathering out of bounds.

I also never owned a lip pencil before, so this product was also new to me. It seems a bit dark though for use under everyday lip-color, or is it supposed to be that way?


Blow Pro After Blow, Strong Hold Finishing Spray 1.5 oz - $2.96

Get all-day hold from this quick-dry super-spray that zaps frizz and flyaways.

I love Blow Pro products and they are free of parabens and harsh suflates, which is always a plus in my book. I don't use hairspray often, but this will be perfect when I travel for the wedding in October.

Miracle 10 AHA Gentle Exfoliating Cream 10ml - $12.80

Rejuvenate skin with this rich, emollient cream to effectively exfoliate dull skin. 

I've been applying this every night since I got it and I just finished the container. The card that came with this product stated it would be enough for a 10 day trial, but it lasted WAY longer for me! I liked that this product made my skin extra soft, but I wouldn't fork out $64 for it.

Whish Body Butter in Orange Cream .5 oz - $2.40

Try a truly indulgent body cream in a fresh new scent, exclusive to Nordstrom. 

I love how they included a scent that's exclusive to Nordstrom in this bag! I actually really love the scent. My boyfriend says it reminds him of orange creamcicles. He loves orange creamcicles, so I'm guessing that's a good thing. Whish is also made with natural and organic ingredients, so this is a win for me!


L. Erickson Grab N' Go Pony Compact - $14.40 for 6 total

Stay polished with fun, colored pony-tail holders that come in grab-n-go, pocket-sized compact.

I love the compacts these hair ties came in! These instantly went in my purse and travel bag. I think I was only supposed to receive one of these, but somehow I ended up with two!

TanTowel Half Body Classic Self Tanning Towelette - $3

Easy-to-apply self-tanning towelettes give you a sun-kissed look the smart way.

I forgot to take a picture of this item. Probably because I used it right away. ;) I found this product to be okay. I think I prefer lotions to towelettes. The towelettes always seem to roll up on me, making application difficult in my opinion! Anyone else have this problem? I like that towelettes are less messy, but if I can't get even coverage then what's the point? You can also see the areas you've missed with the lotions, which I like as well. I did like the fact that this towelette provided just the right amount of color though!

Diptyque L'Ombre dans l'Eau Eaux de toilette 2ml - $3.52

Made for women and men, this enticing scent uses only the finest raw ingredients.

Ugh I did NOT like this perfume at all. I took one whiff and tossed it, so I didn't even bother taking a picture of it. I don't find perfume samples to be of any value, but I included the approximate price value for those of you who do think it's worth part of the value. I won't be including this in my total value though.

Overall  the value of the bag for me was approximately $138.04 and that's not including the value of the makeup bag! I am very happy with the quality of products I received in my summer beauty bags. I hope they release a fall beauty bag soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment