Thursday, September 5, 2013

Jennifer Love Hewitt Fancy Box - June 2013

I recently jumped on the subscription box bandwagon earlier this year and now I've developed quite a collection! One of the companies I subscribe from is Fancy, which offers a total of eight subscription boxes: Verbal, P!nk, Ashton Kutcher, Tyler Florence, Fancy Food, Coco Rocha, Jennifer Love Hewitt & the original Fancy box.

I subscribe to five of these: Ashton Kutcher, Coco Rocha, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Tyler Florence & the original Fancy box subscription. This is my review of the Jennifer Love Hewitt Fancy box subscription.
  
The Box: Jennifer Love Hewitt Fancy Box

The Cost: $46.95 ($39 plus $7.95 for shipping)

The Products: Each box promises $80+ worth of products curated by Jennifer Love Hewitt for Fancy

Get 10% off your first box or any order with code FOLLOWUP10

Note: Fancy does not allow returns on boxes, but they now allow returns within 30 days for one item per box in exchange for either a $15 gift card or a random item.



Cupcakes & Cashmere By Emily Schuman -$19.95

This was my favorite item in the box! I never heard of Emily's blog until I read this book. Now I'm a follower! :) The book has a little bit of everything from entertaining to makeup and I love how it's divided up by seasons. I already read this from cover to cover, but I plan to keep it on my coffee table and reference it from time to time.


 

Nylon Cloth Gym Bag by American Apparel -$18

This was probably my least favorite item in the box. It seemed very cheap and pink just isn't my color. Looking at the American Apparel site, I would have loved some of the other color combinations. Since Fancy had just started their return process around this time, I decided to test it out by returning this gym bag for a $15 Fancy gift card. Customer service was wonderful, but apparently they still have a few things to iron out because when they received my return they thought my box was undeliverable and refunded me the full $39. Clearly there was some miscommunication or maybe I was the only person to ever return an item? I replied to the email and informed customer service of their mix-up, but they told me to keep the extra $39! So, for returning one item I ended up getting $54 in Fancy credit! I don't mind a little extra cash, but I hope they iron things out for their sake!


Interlink Hermatite Cuff - $40

This bracelet is absolutely gorgeous and is definitely my second favorite item in this box. It can easily be worn with many outfits and can be dressed up or down. Definitely a versatile piece!


Babycakes Waffle Sticks Maker - $25

Believe or not, but I actually don't own a waffle maker! This will be a nice addition to our kitchen. :)

Overall this box had a value of $102.95. This is probably my favorite Jennifer Love Hewitt box even today and it was a huge improvement from her first box!

No comments:

Post a Comment