Thursday, September 19, 2013

Jennifer Love Hewitt Fancy Box - July 2013

I recently jumped on the subscription box bandwagon earlier this year and now I've developed quite a collection! One of the companies I subscribe from is Fancy, which offers a total of eight subscription boxes: Verbal, P!nk, Ashton Kutcher, Tyler Florence, Fancy Food, Coco Rocha, Jennifer Love Hewitt & the original Fancy box.

I subscribe to five of these: Ashton Kutcher, Coco Rocha, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Tyler Florence & the original Fancy box subscription. This is my review of the Jennifer Love Hewitt Fancy box subscription.


The Box: Jennifer Love Hewitt Fancy Box

The Cost: $46.95 ($39 plus $7.95 for shipping)

The Products: Each box promises $80+ worth of products curated by Jennifer Love Hewitt for Fancy

Get 10% off your first box or any order with code FOLLOWUP10

Note: Fancy does not allow returns on boxes, but they now allow returns within 30 days for one item per box in exchange for either a $15 gift card or a random item.


Mercury Innovations Motion Armband - $25

Jennifer: I can't work out without listening to music - this motion armband helps me focus on what needs to get done.

I already received this armband in green in a previous Fancy box, so I ended up swapping this and a couple more items on the Box Love Exchange B/S/T Facebook group for the Gorjana Striped Scarf from June's POPSUGAR box! I don't have an iPhone or iPod touch, so I've been keeping the green one as a motivator to get one! 


American Apparel Matte Top Coat - $6

Jennifer: Give any nail polish matte effect with this clear coat that gives even the shiniest of polishes a flat finish. It's a fun way to change up your favorite nail polish!

I usually prefer my polish to be shiny, but I have a sea salt textured polish that's a little too textured for my taste. This matte top coat is perfect for minimizing that effect. Now it's much more subtle and wearable.  


AHA Lipstick Tank - $30

Jennifer: I love a good tank top and this one happens to be one of my favorites. It is simple yet so me.

I didn't think I'd like this tank as much as I do! It's super comfy and I love the pop art type print. I've gotten many compliments when wearing it. I'll pair it with a long black cardigan and a beanie to transition into fall.  


I Heart Realism Tote - $22

Jennifer: Carry your heart on your tote and be real. 

This was the other item that I wasn't sure if I was going to like or not, but I do. One can never have too many bags, especially when you move all the time like I do! (Note: I couldn't verify the price as this is a smaller, custom bag made for subscribers, so I went with Fancy's pricing.)


Flavor It Infuser Water Bottle - $16

Jennifer: Water gets boring sometimes - I use this to add flavor and fruit to these hot summer days.

I've been looking into getting a glass water bottle, so the fruit infuser is an added bonus! I just don't like the taste of water from stainless steel and I'm trying to avoid plastic, so I'm loving this glass bottle. It's also dishwasher safe and BPA free. Keep in mind though that after one wash, the cap started peeling its clear seal coat, so I've been washing that piece by hand.


Bonus Item! Ballerina Jewelry Stand - $10

Fancy: Thanks again for subscribing to Jennifer’s Fancy Box! She went out of her way this month to really curate the box for you. We are aware you also received the April Fancy Box, which has the Motion Armband too (thanks for loving all our boxes by the way!)
At Fancy, we want to make sure you’re always happy with what you receive. As a token of our appreciation, we had Jennifer select one additional item, which will be sent out to you tomorrow: the Ballerina Jewelry Stand by Kikkerland. Jennifer adores collecting jewelry, and having a place to hang it up and keep it all together is essential to any style-conscious subscriber. Plus, she loves ballet.


This was my favorite item and it was a bonus! I love the fact that Fancy is finally taking into consideration their subscribers who may subscribe to more than box and as a result end up with duplicate items. I'm not sure if it was just for the Jennifer Love Hewitt subscription, but I hope they continue to do the same for all of their subscriptions! I'm adopted and the only thing I know about my birth mother is that she was a ballerina, so this jewelry stand really hits home with me and it's a gorgeous way to display my growing jewelry collection due to subscription boxes!

The Bonus Item Shipped Separately In This Box!

First Look Bonus Item!
Overall this box had a value of $109 with the bonus item! June's box is still my favorite, but this is a close second!

No comments:

Post a Comment