Thursday, September 19, 2013

Julep Maven Box - August 2013

Julep Maven is a nail polish and beauty subscription box. Every month they have 5 different boxes you can choose from or you can upgrade to get the entire collection. These boxes are Classic with a Twist, Bombshell, Boho Glam, Modern Beauty and It Girl. You are able to view the products each month on the 20th and have until the 24th to make your selection or skip if you don't like any of the boxes. August was Julep's second anniversary month and my first month as a maven! Their theme this month was the Garden Party Collection. I had trouble deciding which box to get, but ended up picking Classic With A Twist with three add-on colors. The August boxes are still for sale if you missed out! 

Cute Floral Box For Their Anniversary!
The box: Julep Maven

The Cost: $19.99/month with free shipping or $54.99 if you upgrade to the entire collection

The Products: Nail and beauty products. Modern Beauty contains only beauty products, It Girl contains only polish, the rest contain both.

Coupon: Get your first box free with code FREEBOX (You only have to pay shipping!)

Reasons to Subscribe:
  •  Julep Nail Color is “4-free” and does not contain formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene, or DBP
  • Julep donates a portion of the proceeds to organizations that support women through their Powered by Girlfriends program 
  • Being a Julep Maven means you get 20% off everything in their store and free shipping (no code necessary)
  • Mavens can earn jules which can be used on future boxes or add-ons! Mavens earn 300 jules for each full-price maven box they purchase (excludes mystery boxes), 200 on their birthday, 500 on their anniversary month and 750 if they upgrade to the entire collection. You even earn jules for becoming a maven and can redeem these jules on a monthly box (2,000), the entire collection (5,500) or even on add-ons (750 for nail colors, 1200+ for beauty/special products). 
  • Each month you don't skip, you get to shop the secret store on the 1st of each month!
  • Each month you don't skip, you also get entered to win the mystery maven box of goodies, which is usually revealed with the collection on the 20th of each month.  


Julep Veronica (Modern Mauve Crème) - $11.20 ($14 if not a maven)

I'm not in love with this color, but it looks to be a pretty shade. 

Julep Sylvia (Lilac Purple Crème) - $11.20 ($14 if not a maven)

I didn't own any purple products, which is why I decided to go with Classic With a Twist this month. Surprising too, since purple is my favorite color and lilacs are my favorite flower. :)


Doublestep Foot Treatment and Friction Stick - $17.60 ($22 if not a maven)

This no-mess shea butter treatment nourishes and moisturizes feet, stimulates circulation, and prevents blisters.

Features & Benefits:
  • Invisible formula creates a barrier between feet and shoes to protect against blisters.
  • Shea butter provides immediate and long-lasting hydration
  • Chili pepper oil invigorates skin and stimulates circulation
  • Vitamin E nourishes rough, dry skin
  • No parabens, sulfates, or phthalates
This product was in all the boxes this month with the exception of It Girl, which is a polish only option. I don't wear a lot of heels, but mainly because I have issues with my feet swelling and getting blisters. Hopefully this product will help me out next time I have to wear a pair!


Julep Nellie (Pink Fuschia Crème) - $11.20 ($14 if not a maven) Add-on price $4.99

This was an add-on from the It Girl box this month. I think it's my favorite polish I own. Beautiful shade.

Julep Fiore (Espresso Brown Crème) - $11.20 ($14 if not a maven) Add-on price $4.99

Fiore was also an add-on from the It Girl box this month. I wasn't planning on adding on this color until Julep released why they chose the color and name Fiore. It had to do with their favorite coffee shop near their old location. I'm glad I decided to add this shade on, because it is way prettier in person and pairs lovely with Nellie. If I hadn't wanted the blister stick this month, I probably would have gone with It Girl this month. Or perhaps I should have just added on the blister stick...


Julep Francis (Celery Green Crème) - $11.20 ($14 if not a maven) Add-on price $4.99

Francis was an add-on from the Boho Glam box this month. I don't love it as much as I love Nellie or Fiore, but I don't own any green polishes, so this is a nice addition to my collection and pairs nicely with Nellie.


This was the bonus item: Forget-me-not seeds as a thank you for helping them grow over the last two years. I thought this was a cute idea and it fit their garden party theme perfectly. I'm not going to try to place a value on this.

Overall this box had a value of $73.60, which is a great deal for the $34.96 I did pay (price of box plus add-ons). Can't wait to see what products and colors Julep will offer in future boxes!

If you're curious what the other colors/products were this month, see below!



http://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Screen-shot-2013-07-20-at-10.58.02-AM.png?cc24fd 

There was also a add-on option. The Champagne Trio in honor of their two year anniversary!


http://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Screen-shot-2013-07-20-at-10.58.13-AM.png?cc24fd

The Moisture Mask Trio was the other product in the Modern Beauty box this month along with the Doublestep Blister Treatment (shown on the left). The picture on the right shows the box of goodies the the mystery maven won this month!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment