Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Ashton Kutcher Fancy Box - September 2013

I recently jumped on the subscription box bandwagon earlier this year and now I've developed quite a collection! One of the companies I subscribe to is Fancy, which offers a total of eight subscription boxes: Verbal, P!nk, Ashton Kutcher, Tyler Florence, Fancy Food, Coco Rocha, Jennifer Love Hewitt & the original Fancy box.

I subscribe to five of these: Ashton Kutcher, Coco Rocha, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Tyler Florence & the original Fancy box subscription. This is my review of the Ashton Kutcher Fancy box subscription.


The Box: Ashton Kutcher Fancy Box

The Cost: $46.95 ($39 plus $7.95 for shipping)

The Products: Each box promises $80+ worth of products curated by Ashton Kutcher for Fancy

Get 10% off your first box or any order with code FOLLOWUP10

Note: Fancy does not allow returns on boxes, but they now allow returns within 30 days for one item per box in exchange for either a $15 gift card or a random item.


Shot Flask - $25

Ashton: Why choose to sneak a swig when you can pour your beverage of choice into a stealthy 2 oz cup?

I think this item was included in the Men's Luxury Limited Edition Popsugar Box last year as well. I won't use it, but I'm thinking it will make a great gift for my little brother when he turns 21 in a couple years, otherwise I can see my boyfriend using this.  


Clicker TV Remote Bottle Opener - $25

Ashton: Sundays in the fall are all about securing a spot on the couch, and not moving until the final whistle is blown. With this TV remote/bottle opener-in-one, staying planted just got much easier, so pass me another cold one - game's on, and I'm not going anywhere.

I haven't decided if this is something we'll use or not since we use Direct TV. I'll have to look into this further.  I do believe this is a real working universal remote though.


Apron Guide - $26

Ashton: Need to know how long to roast that chicken, steam those vegetables, defrost those ribs? Just look down.

This is probably the third or fourth time I've seen this in a Fancy box! Luckily I haven't received one yet, but I do wish they wouldn't recycle so many products throughout all their subscriptions. My cooking skills are a work in progress, so I'll definitely use this. My boyfriend is a chef and I want to learn, so I make dinner for him one of these days. :)

Overall this box had a value of $76, which is below the promised $80 and I did feel like something was missing from this box. I don't know what, but something. I still got more than what I paid, but this just wasn't my favorite box, especially if I'm only using one item. The last three boxes from Ashton have been a little underwhelming for me. I'm going to wait to see what's in store for October and then I might cancel. I just have WAY too many subscriptions to justify a box that isn't amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment