Monday, October 14, 2013

Birchbox - September 2013

Birchbox is a makeup and beauty subscription box that typically sends 5 samples each month. Four of those samples usually revolve around a central theme, while one is a "beauty extra". This month is their anniversary month and some lucky subscribers received 1,000 points or $100 in Birchbox credit!

  
The Box: Birchbox

The Cost: $10 a month

The Products: Beauty and lifestyle samples selected by the Birchbox team.

Reward Points: Birchbox has a wonderful rewards program where you get 1 point for every $1 spent in their store (even if you use your points toward a purchase!) and you get 10 points for every product you review from your monthly boxes. For every 100 points you receive, you get $10 in credit on their site. Birchbox also offers extra incentives to earn more points, by making purchases from products that were featured in the boxes that month, etc. Even if you only do the reviews, the points quickly add up!


This month's theme was Heritage and they included a coupon for 30% off their customer favorites. Unfortunately I wasn't one of the lucky winners to receive $100 in credit toward their shop, but I was still happy with the items I received!

Birchbox - Heritage: The best part about beauty? It's not the glitter or the gloss, or even those miraculous antioxidants from far-off lands. It's the stories. Every brand we work with, fromt the just-hatched to the iconic, has its own fastinating history. Just look at Ruffian, a New York-based fashion label started by two designers with a flair for Victorian drama. Their first nail lacquer collection - which all our subscribers will get to try this month - was inspired by the runways but voted on by you. File that away for party conversation when someone compliments your mani.

This also happens to be our anniversary month, and we can't let it pass without thanking the people who have helped create our story: our members. All we had was an idea - we needed you to add the magic.
Information Card


Davines This is a Sea Salt Spray 100 ml - $10.80

What: This styling spray gives you beachy texture and megavolume without any stickiness.

I love sea salt spray and I use it to enhance my natural waves all year. I love that this one works well on dry strands as well! I may have to purchase more when I eventually run out.

Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Luminous Lip Gloss - $9

What: Long-lasting, vibrant color and shine that moisturizes and plumps the appearance of lips.

I love this miniature lip gloss. Adorable. I definitely don't need anymore lip gloss, but I'm still happy to add this to my collection.
 

Paula's Choice RESIST BHA 9 for Stubborn Imperfections - $3.70

What: Whopping 9% salicylic acid spot corrector for everything from blackheads to wrinkles. (unclog pores, diminish white bumps, minimize enlarged pores, refine & smooth skin's texture, minimize sebaceous hyperplasia, smooth dry/rough patches, help balance oily skin, fade red marks from breakouts, reduce breakouts).

I actually liked this. You use it as the last part of your routine at night. I tend to let me skin breathe at night, so this was the only thing I applied. I felt like it was working with less breakouts in the morning, but I would need a bigger sample before committing to a purchase!


Ruffian Nail Lacquer in Fox Hunt - $10

What: Vibrant orange from the fashion label's first lacquer collection. Exclusive to Birchbox!

Everyone received a Ruffian Nail Lacquer this month. I've mentioned before that I'm not a huge nail polish fanatic, so I was proabably least excited about this product this month. I also didn't find any of the colors sent out to be very appealing. I received fox hunt, which is an orange shade. Others received green and blue I believe. I ended up trading this for a julep polish I'd been looking to buy for awhile. 

Lifestyle Extra: Borracha Peraly Wipes - $1.06

What: Peppermint-infused wipes that whiten teeth and freshen breath with hydrogen peroxide.

It says to use after drinking coffee or wine, so I placed them in my purse. I don't usually find that I need to freshen up after either, but it's good to have on hand.

Overall this box had an amazing value of $34.56! Not bad for a $10 subscription!

No comments:

Post a Comment