Monday, October 14, 2013

Bonjour Jolie - August 2013

Bonjour Jolie is a time-of-month subscription that sends you a monthly supply of your choice of feminine products along with some extra goodies to pamper you during your time-of-month. This is my review of my first box!


The Box: Bonjour Jolie

The Cost: $16 plus shipping ($21 total for me)

The Products: 25 feminine products based on your preferences and several additional pampering items!


I love the packaging of their box! You can tell a lot of thought and effort goes into curating these boxes! They also come in a very discreet plain, brown box on the outside, so no one will know what's inside unless you tell them! Their theme this month was Honoring the Feminine, featuring all women owned businesses.

Cute bag holding feminine products!


Feminine Products - your choice of any number of tampons, pads or pantyliners (25 total)

Bonjour Jolie offers every brand possible including Kotex, U by Kotex, StayFree, Always, Always infinity, Always Radiant Infinity, Tampax, Tampax Radiant, Tampax Cardboard, Tampax Pearl, Tampax Active, Tampax Essentials, Playtex Gentle Glide, Playtex Sport, Ob, Softcup, and NatraCare Organic.

Shipments are also based on your cycle, so if you skip months, they are happy to accommodate. Since I am unable to find organic lines where I live, I opted for NatraCare Organic. They don't charge extra for organic lines either, which I love!

Adorable packaging! Like actually receiving a gift!


The Gift: Silver and Stone Bracelet - $14

Bonjour: Imported from Peru, these bracelets were skillfully hand-crafted by local women. Made with alpaca silver and precious stones such as black onyx, lapis lazuli, mahogany obsidian, Andean pink opal, rose quartz, tiger's eye, and turquoise.

This is a pretty bracelet, but I'm not sure it's my style. I may gift it to my Aunt or mom for Christmas though! I love that it's hand-crafted and it will make a gorgeous gift. It's already wrapped!

Again the packaging!



The Edibles:

Leccare Lollipops (2 pops) - $3

Bonjour: These lollipops are entirely made by hand, with exclusive flavor combinations like Salted Watermelon, Peach Cobbler and Raspberry Lemon Creme. Simple ingredients are used, (sugar, filtered water, flavors & spices) but they are packed with extraordinary flavor!

These lollipops were good, I devoured them instantly after taking these photos! I got the raspberry lemon creme and Apples & Honey.

Just Add Honey Tea Company (5 bags) - $3.50

Bonjour: Down in the heart of Tucker, Ga, there is a quaint little tea company with large southern hospitality. Each batch of freshly dried tea is handblended and packed with amazing flavor in unique combinations!

I love the flavors of these teas! Mint To Be, Berries, Georgia Peaches, Wild Blueberry & Chocolate Delight...I normally drink tea at night and coffee in the morning, so I'm glad they included their caffeine levels on the packages. I already tried the Mint to Be and Chocolate Delight, but I'm hoping to switch out my usual cup of coffee for one of the other flavored teas soon! I liked Chocolate Delight so much, I may order more. It smells divine too.



The Pampering:

Organic Herbal Hand Scrub - $2

Bonjour: Crafted in New York, this wonderful hand scrub is made with essential oils, Demerara, Turbinado, herbs, and love!

I wasn't a huge fan of the scent, but it definitely made my hands soft afterwards!

Scardey Cat Mineral Eye Shadow in Muertos - $1.50

Bonjour: Designer Mineral eyeshadow that is cruelty-free and free of parabens, fillers, fragrances, talc, and bismuth.

I don't wear makeup often and the few times I have, I've forgotten to give this eyeshadow a try! I will try and remember to do so soon!


Happy Hands Lotion (2 packets) - $1

Bonjour: A fast absorbing lotion that leaves no greasy residue. Made with natural essential oils and contains NO parabens, mineral oil, or coloring agents!

I love that these lotions contain no parabens, mineral oil, or coloring agents and they aren't supposed to leave behind a greasy residue like most lotions do! Unfortunately these particular scents weren't really for me. Looking at their site though, I see a lot of fall themed scents, such as pumpkin. I may have to give those a try!

Herbal Bath Salts - $1

Bonjour: Luxurious botanical blends of bath salts, each specially formulated to be clarifying, healing, & rejuvenating as well as blissfully aromatic & therapeutic.

I normally take showers, but the other day I decided to run a bath and use these bath salts! I loved the green tea essence. I definitely felt relaxed and rejuvenated afterwards.


Sensibles Sanitary Bags - $1

Bonjour: Keep tampons from clogging up sewers and septic tanks by using these anti-microbial and biodegradable disposable bags for all feminine care products. Small enough to fit in your purse, they are clean and discreet! 

I love the concept of these! I always seem to end up having to use the restroom somewhere where there is no garbage can in the stall. I immediately threw this in my purse!

Advil Packets (2) - $1

When you sign up for the subscription you can opt to have Advil packets included in your box. I can always use some in my purse, so I checked yes!

Overall this box had a value of $28 without even including the feminine products! I love the idea behind this box and I can't wait for next month's!

No comments:

Post a Comment