Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Bonjour Jolie - September 2013

Bonjour Jolie is a time-of-month subscription that sends you a monthly supply of your choice of feminine products along with some extra goodies to pamper you during your time-of-month. This is my review of the September box!


The Box: Bonjour Jolie

The Cost: $16 plus shipping ($21 total for me)

The Products: 25 feminine products based on your preferences and several additional pampering items!


I love the packaging of their box! You can tell a lot of thought and effort goes into curating these boxes. They also come in a very discreet plain, brown box on the outside, so no one will know what's inside unless you tell them! Their theme this month was Go Vegan! This month's products were all vegan!


Feminine Products - your choice of any number of tampons, pads or pantyliners (25 total)

Bonjour Jolie offers every brand possible including Kotex, U by Kotex, StayFree, Always, Always infinity, Always Radiant Infinity, Tampax, Tampax Radiant, Tampax Cardboard, Tampax Pearl, Tampax Active, Tampax Essentials, Playtex Gentle Glide, Playtex Sport, Ob, Softcup, and NatraCare Organic.

Shipments are also based on your cycle, so if you skip months, they are happy to accommodate. Since I am unable to find organic lines where I live, I opted for NatraCare Organic. They don't charge extra for organic lines either, which I love!


The Gift: Personalized Silver Necklace - $16

Bonjour: This silver necklace is personalized with your initial! Each initial is hand stamped into the metal, making no two alike. Also comes with a handmade murano glass and sterling silver bead. Each piece of this set is unique, just like YOU!

I love this necklace! It is beautiful and personalized with a "J" for me. I love the leaf detail as well. Most boxes don't send out personalized items, so I love that Bonjour Jolie went out of their way to make each box special. That's rare! You can tell they really care about their subscribers.


The Edibles:

Gourmellow by Desideiro Chocolates - $3

Bonjour: This is their signature vegan marshmallow truffle bar. Fluffy vanilla marshmallow, made entirely with animal free products, organic tapioca syrup and vanilla bean, layered with an extra virgin olive oil ganache and finally dipped in fair trade dark chocolate. 

Yum! Chocolate! I love that is vegan chocolate too. If they sent chocolate out in every box, I'd be a very happy girl. :) Have a food or chocolate allergy? No fret! Bonjour Jolie has something for you guys as well! Just send them an email and they will take care of it. They have excellent customer service!

SerendipiTea Tea Company (5 bags) - $3.50

Bonjour: This little tea company is run by a fabulous group of women in Manhasset, New York. You'll love their fairytale names and once upon a dreamy flavors! Comes with an organic cotton re-useable filter bag. Just place loose tea in the bag and pull the strings closed, steep for at least 3 minutes to taste the full flavor. Hand wash and line dry the tea bag.

These tea bags are adorable! Such a simple alternative if you don't have any loose tea steepers. 

The Pampering:

Just Pure Minerals Bronzer and Brush - $1.50

Bonjour: Try adding a touch of color with this 100% vegan mineral bronzer. Made in small batches, free of synthetic preservatives, bismuth oxychloride, parabens, nano-particles, and synthetic dyes. Contains just pure minerals!

This was too light for my skin tone to be a bronzer, but it works as a highlighter or translucent powder for me!  I love that it doesn't contain anything other than pure minerals!

Sunny Day Botanicals Organic Lotion - $2

Bonjour: Made in sunny Florida! Their vegan lotion is lightly scented and made with all natural ingredients like pure hemp seed oil, shea butter, vitamin E. It is preservative free, paraben-free and 100% vegan.

This smelled so good! I received the lotion in pomegranate and I want more! I'm having trouble finding a website though. Too bad, because I'm always on the search for paraben-free products!


PuurBody Full Size Vegan Lip Balm - $ 3.50

Bonjour: Handcrafted by a stay at home mom of 5! This vegan lip balm was made exclusively for us! Only the finest organic ingredients are used and all products are tested on humans only!

I received this lip balm in sweet vanilla and I love vanilla! This smells good enough to eat and since that's basically what we do when we put any lip product on our lips, I'm happy to know that it's safe enough as well!

U Just Relax Bath Tea - $2

Bonjour: This bath tea is available seasonally due to their use of only locally sourced ingredients found in the Florida Panhandle! Place the organic muslin bag in your tub for a soothing bath or hang it in your shower for calming aromatherapy! Can be dried and reused 2-4 times!

I always wanted to try a tea bath and I loved it! So relaxing! I may have to purchase more.


Always Radiant Feminine Wipes (2 packets) - $.50

Bonjour: For freshness on the go! Lightly scented and uber discreet!

These are always good to have, so these went straight into my purse.

Advil Packets (2) - $1

Overall this box had a value of approximately $33 and that's not even including the cost of the feminine products! I can't wait for October's box! I'm hoping for some fall scented goodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment