Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Coco Rocha Fancy Box - September 2013

I recently jumped on the subscription box bandwagon earlier this year and now I've developed quite a collection! One of the companies I subscribe to is Fancy, which offers a total of eight subscription boxes: Verbal, P!nk, Ashton Kutcher, Tyler Florence, Fancy Food, Coco Rocha, Jennifer Love Hewitt & the original Fancy box.

I subscribe to five of these: Ashton Kutcher, Coco Rocha, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Tyler Florence & the original Fancy box subscription. This is my review of the Coco Rocha Fancy box subscription.


The Box: Coco Rocha Fancy Box

The Cost: $46.95 ($39 plus $7.95 for shipping)

The Products: Each box promises $80+ worth of products curated by Coco Rocha for Fancy

Coupon: Get 10% off your first box or any order with code FOLLOWUP10

Note: Fancy does not allow returns on boxes, but they now allow returns within 30 days for one item per box in exchange for either a $15 gift card or a random item.

Information Cards

This box came with an extra information card with a note from Coco! I love how involved she is with the curation of this box and with her fans!

Coco: Happy Fall y'all!! I hope you enjoy this month's box as much as I do. Hit me up on Twitter and Instagram @CocoRocha and use #FancyBox to tell me about your favorite products from this month. Post a creative photo with this link http://fancy.to/Coco. I'll be retweeting my favorites. Thanks again for subscribing! You guys are the best. xoxo Coco



Stylist Magazine - $15

Coco: Check out the most recent issue of Stylist Magazine, featuring yours truly as a femme fatale. This was my FIRST ever photo-shoot following my big haircut. What do you think? Let me know @CocoRocha @Fancy #FancyBox.

I've never Stylist Magazine, so I will definitely thumb through it. I've been reading all my magazines through Next Magazine lately, but Stylist Magazine isn't available on there!


Chalkboard Manicure by Ciate - $25

Coco: Take it back to the schoolyard with this chalkboard manicure set from Ciate. Paint your base-coat using the chalkboard paint pot and decorate your nails with the colored chalk pens. This is the perfect way to make a statement and add personal flare to your manicure!

This is the THIRD Ciate manicure set I've received in my fancy boxes! Thankfully they've all been different kinds, but none that I will use. Just like the other two sets I received, I was able to trade this in the box love exchange Facebook group, so it wasn't a complete waste!


Tangle Teezer Salon Elite - $15

Coco: The tangle teezer is so much more than your average hairbrush. It is compact, cute, and has amazing de-tangling powers for both wet and dry hair. Keep it in your bag and pull it out to reboot and perfect your hairstyle in seconds!

I never heard of this brush before. It's supposed to be great for de-tangling. I usually only brush my hair in the shower when I still have conditioner in, but sometimes even then I have really bad tangles that I struggle to get out. I like the idea, but this brush definitely takes some getting used to though!


Pomegranate Gift Set - $35

Coco: Who knew that pomegranate was a super-food for your skin, too? All of the products in this set are made using pomegranate essential oil, which has softening and firming effects on skin and leaves you smelling delicious.

This is a nice looking set, but I wouldn't have been upset if I received something else either. I just have to decide if I want to gift it or keep it for myself. I could always use soap, but I have a ton of lotion, so I may gift the lotion. The candle is in an adorable little tin, but boy was it impossible to open! I even asked my dad to help me out and he struggled. We almost had to pry it open. Luckily we didn't have to in the end, but he told me to keep it open from now on!

Overall this box had a value of $95. This wasn't my favorite box, but it wasn't my least favorite either. Since Coco is in the fashion industry I feel like she could really make these boxes amazing with purses, jewelry, makeup, body care, etc. Even fashion forward home decorative pieces!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha i am glad i didn't get this one. you know what i would've said about that brush!
    http://mommysplurge.com

    ReplyDelete