Monday, October 14, 2013

Fancy Box - August 2013

I recently jumped on the subscription box bandwagon earlier this year and now I've developed quite a collection! One of the companies I subscribe to is Fancy, which offers a total of eight subscription boxes: Verbal, P!nk, Ashton Kutcher, Tyler Florence, Fancy Food, Coco Rocha, Jennifer Love Hewitt & the original Fancy box.

I subscribe to five of these: Ashton Kutcher, Coco Rocha, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Tyler Florence & the original Fancy box subscription. This is my review of the original Fancy box subscription.

  
The Box: Fancy Box

The Cost: $46.95 ($39 plus $7.95 for shipping)

The Products: Each box promises $80+ worth of products from Fancy

Coupon: Get 10% off your first box or any order with code FOLLOWUP10

Note: Fancy does not allow returns on boxes, but they now allow returns within 30 days for one item per box in exchange for either a $15 gift card or a random item.



LAEX Card Holder - $27

Fancy: The Fancy LAEX Card Holder was designed exclusively for you guys. Handmade in California with Grade A Plastic with one instruction: Be Foolish. (No Category Listed)

I had been looking for a card holder like this for awhile now. While the neon orange is not exactly what I had in mind, I'll use it. I have a lot in my wallet and I like to take out only what I need and use a cross-body purse every once in a while. Until I find that perfect cardholder, I'll be using this instead. 


Young and Wild Tee - $32

Fancy: The Young and Wild Tee is pretty self explanatory. Just make sure to do the shirt some justice and live it up a little. (Category: Women)

This shirt is a medium, but it seems to be a juniors medium because it runs small! It's definitely a form-fitting t-shirt. I also think it's NOT worth $32 either. Even if the shirt did fit, I don't think I'd wear it. Wearing a shirt that says "young and wild" is not really my style. I was able to trade this shirt on box love exchange b/s/t though! I'm glad someone else will get some use out of it!



In Snap Issue 9 - $20

Fancy: Fancy loves discovering independent magazines from all around the world. We love In Snap - their editors report style fresh off the press from the real star show of Fashion Week in New York, Paris and Milan: street fashion. Be inspired by the incredible and candid style from the 2013-14 Autumn/Winter shows of the off-duty models, magazine editors, international buyers and celebrities. (Category: Media)

This is the first time I've seen categories listed on the information cards, but I haven't really seen them since. I'm guessing that's because Fancy really doesn't look at which categories you selected other than Men/Women...Point in fact, I never picked Media as a category. The categories I selected were Women's, Gadgets and Home. I don't really care either way, but that doesn't mean someone else won't. While I like the idea of this, I feel like I've seen a lot of fashion week street style on Pinterest. I'll still thumb through this magazine though when I get the chance. 



Jelly Fish Set - $28

Fancy: The Jelly Fish Combo Pack includes a tripod, mount and sun shield. It's a great gadget to carry around this summer. Simply snap in your phone or camera, mount the tripod, and block out glare - you're ready to go hands free. Time to start watching your favorite summer flick, DJing from your playlist, or taking selfies by the pool.... (Category: Gadget)

I love the idea of this, but I haven't had a chance or reason to use it yet!


Tovolo Ice Balls - $10

Fancy: This innovative Tovolo Ice Balls design gives you a 2.5" ice sphere, perfect to liven up the average cocktail or any drink for that matter. All you need to do is freeze em and drink up! (Category: Home)

I almost bought these and I'm glad I didn't. These will pair perfectly with my maps rocks glass from this Month's Ashton Kutcher box!

Overall this box had a value of $117. While I wouldn't have paid that, I'm certainly happy with the value for what I did pay!

No comments:

Post a Comment