Monday, October 14, 2013

Jennifer Love Hewitt - August 2013

I recently jumped on the subscription box bandwagon earlier this year and now I've developed quite a collection! One of the companies I subscribe to is Fancy, which offers a total of eight subscription boxes: Verbal, P!nk, Ashton Kutcher, Tyler Florence, Fancy Food, Coco Rocha, Jennifer Love Hewitt & the original Fancy box.

I subscribe to five of these: Ashton Kutcher, Coco Rocha, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Tyler Florence & the original Fancy box subscription. This is my review of the Jennifer Love Hewitt Fancy box subscription.


The Box: Jennifer Love Hewitt Fancy Box

The Cost: $46.95 ($39 plus $7.95 for shipping)

The Products: Each box promises $80+ worth of products curated by Jennifer Love Hewitt for Fancy

Coupon: Get 10% off your first box or any order with code FOLLOWUP10
 
Note: Fancy does not allow returns on boxes, but they now allow returns within 30 days for one item per box in exchange for either a $15 gift card or a random item.

Information Cards


Ciate Nail Polish Caviar Manicure - $25

Jennifer: The inspiration behind the Caviar Manicure came about when Charlotte Knight, Ciate's Creative Director, was looking to create three-dimensional nails for a front cover magazine shoot. She wanted to develop something feminine, indulgent, yet delicately extravagant. The finished effect gives nails an instant sophistication. Doesn't it look tasty too?

I'm not a big fan of the textured/nail art trend this year and as I've mentioned before, I don't really like pink polishes. Perhaps if I got this in black I would have used it, but having my fingernails look like candy isn't something I'm into. I was able to trade this on Facebook's box love exchange b/s/t group though, so I'm glad someone else will be able to use it! :)


Shark Bracelet - $30 ($55 on Sophie Sparrow's website)

Jennifer: Sophie Sparrow's wrap shark bracelet is the most badass bracelet on the market. The bracelet will match perfectly with....well, anything! It will also serve as a reminder that Shark Week is right around the corner.

I received the Sophie Sparrow Shark Necklace in a previous Fancy box and I loved it. It seems whoever received the shark bracelet in the previous fancy box, got the necklace in this box and vice versa. This particular bracelet though is not for me. It's supposed to be a men's bracelet, so it's too large for my wrist even after adjusting it fully. None of the men in my life would be caught dead wearing a bracelet like this, so this is currently on my swap board! Perhaps someone with bigger wrists will be able to appreciate this bracelet. Also, for whatever reason, I don't think Jennifer had anything to do with picking out this particular item because the information card is the exact SAME as the one I received with the shark necklace only the words bracelet are switched for necklace.


L'Occitane Almond Shower Gel - $4

Jennifer: L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil transforms into a lavish, softening foam that gently cleanses, leaving a satiny softness all over the body. It can also be used for shaving, allowing the razor to glide smoothly over the skin. It is suitable for both men and women, which means it won't be long before you start arguing over who used the last of it.

This is an item I already received in May's Coco Rocha box and just like in May, Fancy still has this listed on their site for $10 for a 1.18 fl oz... They really need to change that! I valued this at $4 based on L'Occitane's website. Maybe Fancy doesn't know you can purchase L'Occitane in stores in the US? Either way I'm happy to have a spare. I love L'Occitane's almond line. Oh and for some reason this information card is the same as the one I had received with the coco box as well!



One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Book - $25 (prices vary depending on the website)

Jennifer: My best friend got me this for my birthday last year on February 21st - and I have been jotting down notes in it every day since. It's the perfect way to track the ups and downs of life, day by day. I keep it short and sweet!

I love the idea of this book! I haven't decided if I'm going to gift it to a friend who just had a baby or save it for myself for when that day comes.


Mustache Bandages - $6

Jennifer: Mustaches aren't just for the boys. These give me a laugh - put a 'stache on your ouch!

I of course had to open these up to see what my "free prize" was and it was this creepy temporary tattoo! I had a good laugh and threw it out. These are a fun item and believe it or not I didn't have any band-aids! I haven't had a use for band-aids in a LONG time, but then just last week I nicked my ankle pretty badly while shaving and these came to the rescue!

Overall this box had a value of $90. While this isn't my favorite box, I'm happy to receive the line a day book and was able to trade the caviar set. I already have someone who is interested in trading/buying the bracelet from me as well, so this box is still a win for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment