Monday, October 14, 2013

Julep Maven Box - September 2013

Julep Maven is a nail polish and beauty subscription box. Every month they have 5 different boxes you can choose from or you can upgrade to get the entire collection. These boxes are Classic with a Twist, Bombshell, Boho Glam, Modern Beauty and It Girl. You are able to view the products each month on the 20th and have until the 24th to make your selection or skip if you don't like any of the boxes. This month's theme was Cityscape and I went with Boho Glam with three add-ons.


The box: Julep Maven

The Cost: $19.99/month with free shipping or $54.99 to upgrade to the entire collection

The Products: Nail and beauty products. Modern Beauty contains only beauty products, It Girl contains only polish, the rest contain both.

Coupon: Get your first box free with code FREEBOX (You only have to pay shipping!)

Reasons to Subscribe:
  •  Julep Nail Color is “4-free” and does not contain formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene, or DBP
  • Julep donates a portion of the proceeds to organizations that support women through their Powered by Girlfriends program 
  • Being a Julep Maven means you get 20% off everything in their store and free shipping (no code necessary)
  • Mavens can earn jules which can be used on future boxes or add-ons! Mavens earn 300 jules for each full-price maven box they purchase (excludes mystery boxes), 200 on their birthday, 500 on their anniversary month and 750 if they upgrade to the entire collection. You even earn jules for becoming a maven and can redeem these jules on a monthly box (2,000), the entire collection (5,500) or even on add-ons (750 for nail colors, 1200+ for beauty/special products).
  • Each month you don't skip, you get to shop the secret store on the 1st of each month!
  • Each month you don't skip, you also get entered to win the mystery maven box of goodies, which is usually revealed with the collection on the 20th of each month. 

First Look!
Second First Look!

Bare Face Cleansing Oil - $22.40 ($28 if not a Maven)

I love this cleanser. I have combination skin, so usual acne cleansers dry my skin out, causing my skin to over-produce oil in the long run. I've recently discovered oil cleansers and was looking to purchase one, so I was happy to see this as a part of this month's collection! My only wish is that they would have included the Konjac Cleansing Sponge as well instead of making us purchase it separately. It was an add-on even if you upgraded to the entire collection! Crazy! Luckily it was available in the secret store during October, so I purchased it then.


Boho Glam Nail Colors:

Tatiana (Golden Burnt Orange Microglitter) - $11.20 ($14 if not a Maven)

This is a gorgeous shade and prefect for fall. It's next on my list to wear!

Kristy (Midnight Blue Crème) - $11.20 ($14 if not a Maven)

This color looks almost black in the packaging. I haven't used it yet, so I'm not sure how it looks on, but from other reviews I guess it looks black on too unless in the sunlight.

They all look the same in the photo, but they look quite different in person!
Add-ons:

Padma (Royal Plum Crème) - $11.20 ($14 if not a Maven)

This color is another that looks darker in person and according to reviewers it also looks black when on. I have yet to wear try it though.

Daria (Dark Slate Grey Crème) - $11.20 ($14 if not a Maven)

When I first wore this color I thought it was the perfect grey that looked exactly as it did in the bottle, but the second time it looked more like Josephine, a blue-grey. Either way it's a pretty color, but I'd prefer it to be more grey-grey. 

Josephine (Deep Teal Grey Crème) - $11.20 ($14 if not a Maven)

This is my favorite shade from the collection. I love this shade. A beautiful fall teal grey!


Bonus item: Remover Pad - $0.80 ($1 if not a Maven)

Overall I paid $34.96 for this box and received $79.20 worth of product. I loved the fall colors this month and wish I would have bought Candace and the primer as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment