Friday, November 1, 2013

Birchbox - October 2013

Birchbox is a makeup and beauty subscription box that typically sends 5 samples each month. Four of those samples usually revolve around a central theme, while one is a "beauty extra". This month's theme was "Beauty Buzz" and probably my favorite box yet!


The Box: Birchbox

The Cost: $10 a month

The Products: Beauty and lifestyle samples selected by the Birchbox team.

Reward Points: Birchbox has a wonderful rewards program where you get 1 point for every $1 spent in their store (even if you use your points toward a purchase!) and you get 10 points for every product you review from your monthly boxes. For every 100 points you receive, you get $10 in credit on their site. Birchbox also offers extra incentives to earn more points, by making purchases from products that were featured in the boxes that month, etc. Even if you only do the reviews, the points quickly add up!


Birchbox: We'll be the first to admit that the word "obsessed" gets thrown around a lot at Birchbox HQ. But can you blame us? We spend our days researching ingredients and trends, reading your product feedback, and generally geeking out about beauty. This month we're putting all that intel to good use with a Birchbox devoted to award winners, celeb favorites, up-and-comers - and all the other products we can't stop talking about. Not quite up to speed on your beauty news? Worry not - this month's Birchbox Magazine includes a cheat sheet to the industry's latest buzzwords and a roundup of 2013's top products and trends. We also asked experts around the world to weigh in on what they think the next big thing will be...read our article online to find out what they said. 

 - Katia, Hayley & the Birchbox Team

The most adorable box!


Liz Earle Pure Muslin Cloth - $3

What: Ditch your harsh exfoilator and use this pure muslim cloth, which gently polishes skin.

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser - $6.45

What: UK favorite that uses a two-step ritual to purify and exfoliate. A Birchbox exclusive!

This was my favorite item this month. I love this cleanser and the fact that they included the cloth as well! I wish that they considered it to be one item, instead of two, but I'm not complaining. I lucked out with a great box this month.


Benefit Cosmetics Fake Up - $6 approx.

What: Brighten tired-looking eyes with this hydrating undereye concealer and moisturizer combo.

I love Benefit Cosmetics, so I was happy to give this a try! So far I like the coverage, but I'm not sure if I'll be purchasing in the future or not. I still prefer my L'Oreal Paris highlighter pen. 


POP Beauty Aqua Lacquer - $14

What: A British makeup pro created this sheer gloss, which plumps and hydrates with jojoba oil. 

I like the bold pink color of this lip gloss, but I wish I would have received the red that I saw a few others receive. Red screams holidays to me, whereas pink is more of a spring/summer color, but I'll wear it. The applicator definitely takes some getting used to though!

Love the reusable bag!


Chapstick Hydration Lock in Vanilla Creme - $2.47

Birchbox: What's a Birchbox Find? Occassionally we come across mass-market discoveries that are exciting, time-serving, or just generally awesome. These Birchbox finds will always be in addition to your usual samples - never in place of them. When our gold standard for lip care - Chapstick _ develops new 8-hour moisture technology that's definitely a breakthrough worth sharing. New Chapstick Hydration Lock is clinically proven to moisturize lips, from 9-5. It also doubles as a lip primer and comes chock full of damage-defending antioxidants like CoQ10 and Vitamin E. So swipe it on - and lock that moisture down.

This item was the "beauty extra" Birchbox find this month. A lot of people complained that it replaced one of the usual samples, but it didn't. It was the "extra" in addition to the usual 4 samples. Perhaps the complaints were because they didn't realize the Liz Earle was considered two items? I'm not sure. Either way, I was pleasantly surprised by this product! I usually HATE Chapstick products, but I love this one! That icky taste of the usual Chapstick product is completely replaced with a lovely vanilla flavor. While I don't plan on replacing my Burt's Bees, I will certainly use this one up! Birchbox also included a coupon for $1 off this product.

Overall this box had an approximate value of $31.92! Great value for only $10/month. This is probably my favorite box so far, the products and packaging were wonderful! Birchbox also included a bonus offer for purchasing Gimme Brow and I plan on taking advantage of it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment