Monday, November 18, 2013

Coco Rocha Fancy Box - October 2013

I recently jumped on the subscription box bandwagon earlier this year and now I've developed quite a collection! One of the companies I subscribe to is Fancy, which offers a total of nine subscription boxes: Verbal, P!nk, Ashton Kutcher, Tyler Florence, Fancy Food, Coco Rocha, Jennifer Love Hewitt, the original Fancy box and recently Kelly Rowland.

I subscribe to five of these: Ashton Kutcher, Coco Rocha, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Tyler Florence & the original Fancy box subscription. This is my review of the Coco Rocha Fancy box subscription.

The Box: Coco Rocha Fancy Box

The Cost: $46.95 ($39 plus $7.95 for shipping)

The Products: Each box promises $80+ worth of products curated by Coco Rocha for Fancy

Coupon: Get 20% off your first box or any order with code HOLIDAY this week only!

Note: Fancy does not allow returns on boxes, but they now allow returns within 30 days for one item per box in exchange for either a $15 gift card or a random item.


Call My Agent T-Shirt - $26

Coco: We all have those days where we're too busy to stop and chat. Let all those passers-by know that to get a moment of your time - they can call your agent. ;)

This shirt was...well, not for me. I gave this the benefit of the doubt though and tried it on, but unfortunately I will never wear it. I don't usually like saying t-shirts to begin with, but this saying isn't even me. Even when I'm in the busiest of my busiest days, I'm just the type of person who stops and chats. This is currently on my trade board. 


S.O.S. Emergency Kit by Solemates - $30

Coco: There's nothing worse than a fashion emergency! This S.O.S. emergency kit includes all the tools you need to fix any kind of wardrobe malfunction or beauty bus that you could possibly run into. This is a must for big events and weekends away from your bathroom cabinet!

This was another item I wasn't too excited about...Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it'll come in handy, but I already received a pair of Solemates in a previous fancy box that I still haven't opened yet. I would have liked to have received one or the other, but not both. I also don't think this kit is worth $30. It is easily something I could have easily put together myself for a lot less and with more higher end brands. This is just my opinion though. I will most likely break this kit up and store some items in my purse or travel bag, since I travel a lot.

Basic clear bag

Here's what the kit contained:

One pair of Solemates in size classic (5/8 in)
 - I already own a pair from a previous Coco Rocha Fancy box and they are still unopened. I have no use for two, so this will end up on my trade board.
3M Classic Plus Ear Plugs
- I can't hear to save my life without my hearing aids, so if I want to eliminate noise I simply take them out...I have no use for ear plugs, so I will give these to either my dad or brother. :)
Antacid (2 tablets)
-I always keep antacid in my purse due to my severe acid reflex issues, so this will come in handy.
Advil (2 tablets)
-Another I always keep in my purse since I am migraine-sensitive. 
One Curad bandage
- Always handy to have.
My Floss Dental Floss (one-time use packet)
- Another item for my travel bag.
Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment
- Ugh I hate that this is a packet. I may just toss it.
LA Fresh Deodorant Wipe
- I was pleasantly surprised to find this brand in the kit! I haven't tried their deodorant wipe yet, so this will go in my travel bag.
LA Fresh Insect Repellent Wipe
 - Another LA Fresh product I haven't tried yet! Seeing how it's November though, I'll be storing this away until the summer months.
Shout Wipe
- I usually keep a Shout wipe in my purse, so this is another product that will go to use.
Diamond Wipe Towelette
- I've seen these at restaurants that serve wings. You are able microwave them or store them in the fridge. It's basically a moist paper towel.
Jo-Sha Peppermint Wipe
- This wasn't included on the list of items on the back of the box, but itt did state that I was supposed to receive a nail clipper that wasn't included, so maybe they included this instead. Either way, I'm fine with more wipes.
PDI Nail Polish Remover Pad
- This was another item that wasn't included on the list on the box. It will go to use, but I will probably grab the LA Fresh nail remover pads from Bojour Jolie before using this one.
Tampax Tampon
- This is one of those tampons you can get with a quarter in the bathroom, one of those cheap cardboard ones. I am not a fan, but it will get used. The organic brand I use is much smaller and compact than this one, so I'll be storing it in my bathroom rather than my purse.
Pocket Tissue
- I can always use more of these for my purse with the winter months coming up.
After Dinner Mint 
- I ate this right away and I'm pretty sure it was old...it tasted just like those candy canes we forgot about from last Christmas, but ate anyway.
Comb & Nail File
- I threw these out. I have thick hair, so this cheap comb will not cut it. I also can't stand how those cheap nail files feel. I think they do more harm than good.
Bobby Pins, Safety Pins, Elastic Hair Band
- All useful items.
Easy Mending Kit
- I can't sew to save my life, so this really doesn't help me that much. Even my boyfriend knows how to sew a button on his coat, but I don't. #fail


Satechi Ucharger - $15 ($9.99 on other sites online)

Coco: Charge your phone, iPad and any other USB device 2 to 4 times faster with this awesome high-speed charger. I'll never go back to normal charging again.

I don't find that I need any of my devices to charge any faster, but maybe that's because I don't own an iPad and charge my phone at night. I did use an iPad for work last year and while the battery lasts long, I did find that it took forever to charge once it did run out. You can also use this device to charge your iPad on ANY computer! This would have came in handy when I used it for work. I plan on getting an iPad at some point, so I'll keep this for when I do. I'm also surprised it's listed for as low as $9.99 on other sites!


Emergency Break Glass Money Box - $15

Coco: Saving up a little cash has never hurt anyone. Start putting those loose coins away every day and you'll be loaded in no time! Until you decide to break in and spend your earnings, that is.

I thought of my boyfriend when I saw this. He uses a money jar from when he was a kid that's currently overflowing. This will be a upgrade for him, so I may gift it to him for Christmas. My brother and I have identical money boxes in the shape of a red British phone booth that we bought on a trip to London back in 2009. :)


Head Massager by Kikkerland - $15 ($4-$5 on other sites)

Coco: Use this head massager to scratch your head and relax your whole body. A great treat at the end of the day! 

These do feel nice, but I find that they hurt after awhile. Does anyone else feel this way? Maybe I'm just weird. I also think Fancy's pricing is extremely off here since I've seen these sold for $4-$5 in numerous places. I wouldn't pay $15...

Overall this box had an approximate value of $85.99, but the value to me really was less than what I paid as I will not be using all the items. For this reason, I decided to cancel my subscription for the time being. I find that lately Coco's boxes just haven't been for me. I'd rather purchase the items I like individually.

No comments:

Post a Comment