Saturday, November 2, 2013

Fancy Box - October 2013

I recently jumped on the subscription box bandwagon earlier this year and now I've developed quite a collection! One of the companies I subscribe to is Fancy, which offers a total of nine subscription boxes: Verbal, P!nk, Ashton Kutcher, Tyler Florence, Fancy Food, Coco Rocha, Jennifer Love Hewitt, the original Fancy box and now Kelly Rowland!

I subscribe to five of these: Ashton Kutcher, Coco Rocha, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Tyler Florence & the original Fancy box subscription. This is my review of the original Fancy box subscription.


The Box: Fancy Box

The Cost: $46.95 ($39 plus $7.95 for shipping)

The Products: Each box promises $80+ worth of products from Fancy

Coupon: Get 10% off your first box or any order with code FOLLOWUP10

Note: Fancy does not allow returns on boxes, but they now allow returns within 30 days for one item per box in exchange for either a $15 gift card or a random item.


 Midnight Clutch by Emilie M - $50

The Midnight Clutch from Emilie M is a day-to-night staple that fits all of the essentials.

I love this clutch! I was just thinking about how worn my other Emilie M clutch is getting and now I have a new one. The material of this one is much sturdier and it has extra pockets, which I love. It was also made exclusively for Fancy!


Prepara Chef's Basting Set - $20

Baste like a chef! With this Basting Set from Prepera, you'll be more than reading to cook up hearty meals to keep you warm throughout the fall season. Use this to baste a big turkey or chicken, or to brush some melted butter on freshly baked bread or pastries.

This is perfect for the upcoming holiday season! I actually don't have a turkey baster, since I've always visited family during the holidays, but I hope to entertain at my house one day. :)


Cake Lighter - $50

You'll never go back to plastic lighters again. Keep your Cake lighter in it's leather-embossed case if you really want to show off.  

I can't believe this is worth $50, but I can't find it anywhere else to verify the price. A lighter always comes in handy, so I'll be keeping this in the kitchen.


Miniature People - $15

Get creative with your mini people - and don't forget to take photos. See the mini people postcard for instructions on how to enter to win the Fancy Mini People Contest. 

Okay, so I have a slight fear of miniature people. I find them very creepy. Does anyone else feel this way or is it just me?? I might give the contest a shot and then these are going somewhere where I can forget they exist.

Overall this box had an approximate value of $135. I love that Fancy includes exclusive items in their boxes and I hope this trend continues!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad I didn't get a Cake lighter. I wonder you category that is in??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure. Gadgets maybe? My categories are Women's, Home and Gadgets. I already got the Contort Flexible USB Hub you received this month in a previous Fancy box, so I'm guessing that's why I got the lighter instead.

      Delete