Friday, November 1, 2013

Ipsy - October 2013

Ipsy is a monthly beauty and makeup subscription. Each month they send you 5 beauty samples based on your profile along with a makeup bag. This is my review of my second month!

  
The Box: Ipsy Glam Bag

The Cost: $10 a month (free shipping)

The Products: Full size and deluxe samples of makeup and beauty products


Buxom Full On Lip Polish in Dolly - $8.54

I've always wanted to try the Buxom brand, so I was happy to see this in my bag. I have WAY too many lip glosses though, so I haven't tried it yet. I'm also not sure about the color, so I may end up swapping.


Sexy Hair Blow Dry Volumizing Gel - $3.39

I haven't tried this yet since I don't blow dry my hair often, but I will be more now with the winter months coming up. I always enjoy trying products like this, so this is a win for me!


H2O+ Face Oasis Hydrating Treatment - $7.20

This was my favorite product in the bag. I always wanted to try the brand and I can never have too many face products! Makeup yes. Facial products, no!


Zoya Nail Polish in Mason - $8

I love the purplish shade of this polish and I don't have anything like it. I love that it's both full-size and from their latest fall collection as well! I'm still jealous about not receiving the Butter London polish last month, but oh well. I've been wanting to try both brands, so at least I got to sample one!


Be Delectable Hand Cream in Strawberry & Cream - $3.05

This hand cream smelled disgusting. I thought it was going to be pleasant, but it has an after-scent that I just can't place! It doesn't smell like desert at all.... Needless to say this is going in my swap pile. I would have preferred the LA Fresh wipes this time around. I love that brand.

Overall this bag had a value of $30.18. Again, not a bad value for $10/month, but I preferred Birchbox this month!

Birchbox vs. Ipsy: So far I think I prefer Birchbox to Ipsy overall. I tend to use all the products from Birchbox, whereas that's not always the case with Ipsy. I also prefer the cute boxes which I reuse for storage and gifts from, whereas the cheap makeup bags from Ipsy just crowd my drawers. The point system is also better through Birchbox, although Ipsy is starting to implement a point system as well. I will continue to give Ipsy a try, but I may end up cancelling in a few months. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment