The box: Julep Maven
The Cost: $19.99/month with free shipping or $54.99 to upgrade to the entire collection. This month they also had an ultimate upgrade with all the lip glosses included for at an additional cost.
The Products: Nail and beauty products. Modern Beauty contains only beauty products, It Girl contains only polish, the rest contain both.
Reasons to Subscribe:
- Julep Nail Color is “4-free” and does not contain formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene, or DBP
- Julep donates a portion of the proceeds to organizations that support women through their Powered by Girlfriends program
- Being a Julep Maven means you get 20% off everything in their store and free shipping (no code necessary)
- Mavens can earn jules which can be used on future boxes or add-ons! Mavens earn 300 jules for each full-price maven box they purchase (excludes mystery boxes), 200 on their birthday, 500 on their anniversary month and 750 if they upgrade to the entire collection. You even earn jules for becoming a maven and can redeem these jules on a monthly box (2,000), the entire collection (5,500) or even on add-ons (750 for nail colors, 1200+ for beauty/special products).
- Each month you don't skip, you get to shop the secret store on the 1st of each month!
- Each month you don't skip, you also get entered to win the mystery maven box of goodies, which is usually revealed with the collection on the 20th of each month.
- When you take three monthly boxes in a row, you earn a free polish of your choice!
The sample this month was for Julep's Luxe Repair Serum with a 30% coupon with code LUXE.
Modern Beauty Box:
Julep Lip Gloss in Timeless (Sheer nude gloss) - $17.60 ($22 if not a Maven)
This wasn't the gloss I wanted, but I went with it thinking I'd be safe with a nude. I wanted either Posh (Sheer Black Honey Gloss) or Daring (Sheer Bright Red Gloss Luster), but unfortunately you could only get Daring in the Ultimate Upgrade Collection, which included all lip glosses. You couldn't even get it in the regular upgrade! In addition to that, I didn't want all the colors in the Bomshell box that offered Posh. I was really disappointed at the lack of flexibility regarding the lip glosses. Adding a gloss on would have cost extra, so I went with the basic nude in Modern Beauty.
Julep Blank Canvas Plumping Lip Primer - $17.60 ($22 if not a Maven)
I've been meaning to buy a lip primer, so this was perfect timing!
Julep Cynthia (Desert Sand Microglitter) - $11.20
I loved this gold look for the upcoming holidays and I actually didn't own any like it! It will be perfect as an accent or paired with other colors.
Julep Aisha (Wildberry Purple Crème) - $11.20
This color looks way more red in person than purple, but it does have purple undertones. I just wished it looked more like the purple in the pictures. It's still a very pretty color though. Perfect for fall and the holidays.
Julep Autumn (Burnt Red-Orange Multidimensional Glitter Top Coat) - $11.20
This color is perfect for the holidays and will look great as a top coat on many of the fall colors.
Overall this box had a value of $68.8. Not bad for the $34.96 I paid with add-ons! I'm loving the fall holiday colors.