Friday, November 1, 2013

Julep Zig Zag Ultimate Mystery Box - October 2013

Julep is a nail and beauty subscription company that usually releases a mystery box each month shortly after their monthly boxes have shipped. These boxes are available to both subscribers and non-subscribers as a one time purchase.

October's mystery theme was Zig Zag with each box containing chevron nail stickers! I knew I had to have one when I saw those stickers! You had a choice between three boxes: Mini Zig for $19.99 ($50+ value), Zag Max for $24.99 ($70+ value) and ZigZag Ultimate for $39.99 ($120+ value). Since Julep was offering $10 off a $25 purchase, I went with ZigZag Ultimate, which ended up costing $29.99. Great deal! If you were one of the lucky ducks who snatched it up during today's 50% sale, you got it for only $20! It sold out quickly though, so I'm still glad I bought one when I did.

This month there was also a chance to win a VISA gift card for $250, $500 or $1,000 for each box respectively. I always wonder if anyone actually wins those gift cards or if it's just an incentive scam to purchase, but if someone did win one of those gift cards, they are extremely lucky! I'm still waiting for the day where that's me! ;)


The Box: Julep ZigZag Ultimate Mystery Box

The Price: $39.99 (one time purchase)

The Products: Each box promises $120+ worth of Julep products (using retail pricing rather than Maven), including the chevron stickers.

Coupon: If you want to subscribe to their monthly nail and beauty subscription, get your first box free with code FREEBOX (You only have to pay shipping!) Also get 4% cash back through Ebates!

Reasons to Subscribe:
  •  Julep Nail Color is “4-free” and does not contain formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene, or DBP
  • Julep donates a portion of the proceeds to organizations that support women through their Powered by Girlfriends program 
  • Being a Julep Maven means you get 20% off everything in their store and free shipping (no code necessary)
  • Mavens can earn jules which can be used on future boxes or add-ons! Mavens earn 300 jules for each full-price maven box they purchase (excludes mystery boxes), 200 on their birthday, 500 on their anniversary month and 750 if they upgrade to the entire collection. You even earn jules for becoming a maven and can redeem these jules on a monthly box (2,000), the entire collection (5,500) or even on add-ons (750 for nail colors, 1200+ for beauty/special products). 
  • Each month you don't skip, you get to shop the secret store on the 1st of each month!
  • Each month you don't skip, you also get entered to win the mystery maven box of goodies, which is usually revealed with the collection on the 20th of each month.

Loving the Chevron Tissue Paper this Month!

Chevron Nail Stickers - $2?

These were the stickers that were promised in every box and I'm loving them. They aren't available on their site for purchase unfortunately, so I'll have to use these sparingly! Can't wait to give them a try.


Julep Amy (Smoky Turquoise Crème) - $11.20

I haven't decided if I'll wear this color or not. It may end up in the swap/gift pile.

Julep Lois (Dusty Rose Frost) - $11.20

This color I know for sure I won't wear. It was part of the August Collection and I didn't purchase it then for a reason. Not my thing.

Julep Sienna (Sophisticated, Shimmery Gold) - $11.20

This is the color I'm most likely to keep out of the bunch, but I'm still on the fence about this one as well. It's more of a silver-gold mix than just gold in my opinion, but it may be great for a little holiday sparkle!

While I wasn't over the moon about these colors, I am happy to say that none were duplicates!


Julep Sea Salt Texture Spray - $17.60

I missed out on the July collection, so I was happy to receive this spray in my mystery box! I have wavy hair, so I love using sea salt spray to enhance those waves. I love the packaging too. :)


Julep Beach Tonic Dry Body Oil - $18.40

I love using an oil spray after a shower versus a lotion, so I was happy to see this in my box as well. I'm not entirely sure about the scent, but it works well. Again loving the box packaging! :)


Julep Freedom Polymer Top Coat - $12.60 (on sale)

I just received this in my Popsugar box this month as well! I haven't decided if I want to put it on my sale/swap board or just keep it as a spare. Decisions, decisions.

Julep Essential Cuticle Oil - $14.40

This is now my third bottle! I haven't even finished my first yet. I bite my cuticles, so I probably need this more than anyone, but I just find it so tedious to put this on regularly. Is that bad? Needless to say I now have two in my swap pile. 


Julep Doublestep Foot Treatment and Friction Stick - $17.60

I bought this with the August collection and I like it so far. My only issue is that it takes forever to twist up and you have to keep twisting it as you apply otherwise it slides back. I probably won't purchase it for that price point, so I may just keep this as a spare, especially for those days I have to wear heels. I always have issues with blistering and swelling, so I'm hoping this will help.

Overall this box had a value of $116.20, which is just under the promised $120, but it's still a great deal for $29.99! This box had the perfect mix of polish and beauty products for me. I have way too much polish, so I don't need a mystery box with 14 polishes! I can always use new beauty products, so I think this was my favorite mystery box yet! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment