Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Stitch Fix #1 - November 2013

Stitch Fix is a clothing subscription service for women in which they send you items based on your size and style preferences. I've been meaning to give Stitch Fix a try, but since you have to pay a styling fee upfront, I was afraid to risk it knowing that if I returned all the items, I wouldn't be refunded the $20 styling fee. So, imagine my excitement when I received a gift card in my October Popsugar Must Have box! The gift code not only eliminated the risk with a waived styling fee, but it also included a $20 credit toward my total purchase!


The Box: Stitch Fix

The Cost: $20 styling fee + the cost of any items you keep. The $20 will be deducted from your total purchase and if you decide to keep ALL the items from your fix, you will receive an additional 25% off!

The Products: 5 clothing and accessory items selected for you based on your style profile (NOTE: They don't carry sizes over 14.)

You have three days to determine which items you are going to keep or return, so keep that in mind when you schedule your fix. The last thing you want is to schedule your fix for a time when you're away on vacation only to return to realize the items in your fix don't fit and you're no longer able to return them...

Returns are free, but be aware that keep if you choose to return all the items you received in your fix, you basically lose the $20 you paid for the styling fee. No refunds are given.


This month included a "Holiday Kit" with a $50 gift card to NakedWines.com. I probably won't be using this though since they require a minimum 12 bottle purchase, which means you have to spend money to use the gift card. Also, they make it seem you can become an "Angel" and save more, but they don't let you combine the Angel pricing with the gift card and if you don't cancel, they will take $40 from you each month, so read the fine print before signing up!

Stitch Fix also included recipes for Mom's Apple Crisp, Whole Wheat Pumpkin Spice Muffins and Spinach Artichoke Cups.


Bay to Baubles Farrah Feather Collar Necklace - $32

I may be one of the few people who hates the statement necklace trend this year...While I love gold jewelry, I prefer my jewelry to be delicate rather than chunky. I would have loved this necklace if it was small feather charm for example. I love feathers, but unfortunately this wasn't for me, so I decided to return it. 


Kensie Jeans Kaleigh Ankle Biter Skinny Jean in Grey - $88

I just bought two pairs of skinny jeans for $19.99 each, so while these fit, I couldn't justify the $88 price tag. I'm also curvy on the bottom, so I didn't find the grey wash on these jeans to be as flattering as the darker washes I bought. These jeans are nice, but if I'm paying full-price, I just don't love these enough to justify it.


Oxmo Dayton Sequin Pocket Plaid Cotton Shirt - $78

I asked for plaid, so my stylist was right to include this plaid shirt, but unfortunately this shirt was too short for my liking and the cut was tight where it met my hip. Even if the shirt had fit, I don't think I would have kept it. The sequin detailing on the pocket makes the shirt look cheap in my opinion and I already have a blue plaid shirt, so I'm looking to add a read one to my collection instead.
 

Mak B Hartford Waffle Knit Pull-Over Sweater - $58

This was my favorite item in my fix! This sweater is a gorgeous burgundy color and I don't own anything else like it. Since it was only $38 total after the $20 credit, I decided to keep this item. I've already worn it and I plan to wear it again for Thanksgiving this Thursday! :)


Sanctuary Fillip Drawstring Cargo Jacket - $108

This was another item I liked, but I couldn't justify keeping it for $108! I just wasn't sure how much I'd actually wear it, especially since the sleeves were itchy for some reason and I don't own many long-sleeve shirts to wear under it. Too bad though, I did find this item flattering on me.

Overall  I was very happy with my first fix. While I didn't love everything, I fell in love with the one item I decided to keep and I only paid $38 for it! I've already scheduled my next fix and I'm hoping with my notes to my stylist based on this fix, the next one will be even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment