Saturday, June 14, 2014

Birchbox - April 2014

Birchbox is a makeup and beauty subscription box that typically sends 5 samples each month. Four of those samples usually revolve around a central theme, while one is a "beauty extra". This month's theme was "Rainy Days".


The Box: Birchbox

The Cost: $10 a month

The Products: Beauty and lifestyle samples selected by the Birchbox team.

Reward Points: Birchbox has a wonderful rewards program where you get 1 point for every $1 spent in their store (even if you use your points toward a purchase!) and you get 10 points for every product you review from your monthly boxes. For every 100 points you receive, you get $10 in credit on their site. Birchbox also offers extra incentives to earn more points, by making purchases from products that were featured in the boxes that month, etc. Even if you only do the reviews, the points quickly add up! Birchbox also introduced their Birchbox Aces Program this month.


Color Club's Gala's Gems Collection in Aquamarine Azulino - $3.25

I love the concept and some of the names for these polishes (Breakfast at...), but unfortunately shimmery pastels aren't really my style. I should be able to swap this though!

Supergoop! Daily Correct CC Cream SPF 35+ 2 ml - $2.04

I've tried this product before and liked it, although the sample sizes are always so small that I'm not sure if I like it enough to purchase more!

Sumita Color Contrast Eyeliner in Jasmun (Deep Purple) .07g - $4.81

I don't usually like getting eyeliner, but this deep purple shade is gorgeous and I have nothing else like it. This deep shade is definitely more of a fall/winter shade for me though.


Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle - $2.74

I thought this product worked well, especially for detangling/moisturizing my strands after swimming, but the packaging is horrible. The pump didn't work, so I had to pour it into my hands, which was a mess! Eventually the pump started working, but only after I had used half the product!

KIND Healthy Grains Bar in Maple Pumpkin Seeds - $.79

I love KIND bars, so this was a treat. I thought it was more of a fall treat though, no?

Overall this box had a value of $13.63. This is definitely one of the lower value boxes, but it doesn't include the points you get for reviewing products. I will use most of products, so this is still a win for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment