Thursday, June 12, 2014

Birchbox - December 2013

Special Holiday Packaging!
Birchbox is a makeup and beauty subscription box that typically sends 5 samples each month. Four of those samples usually revolve around a central theme, while one is a "beauty extra". This month's theme was "Holiday 2013".


The Box: Birchbox

The Cost: $10 a month

The Products: Beauty and lifestyle samples selected by the Birchbox team.

Reward Points: Birchbox has a wonderful rewards program where you get 1 point for every $1 spent in their store (even if you use your points toward a purchase!) and you get 10 points for every product you review from your monthly boxes. For every 100 points you receive, you get $10 in credit on their site. Birchbox also offers extra incentives to earn more points, by making purchases from products that were featured in the boxes that month, etc. Even if you only do the reviews, the points quickly add up!

First Look


We've been stockpiling ornaments and fanciful wrapping paper for months, all in anticipation of this moment. The holidays are finally here! Forgive us if we can't stop jumping up and down - this time of year brings out the little-kid excitement in all of us. It's time to celebrate, whether that means corralling your family for a midnight screening of It's a Wonderful Life or dusting off your flounciest frock and taking a spot underneath the mistletoe. Of course, if it's presents you're after (and we're sure it is), you'll want to head straight to the Birchbox Holiday shop - see you there!


dr. brandt skincare BB matte with signature SHINERASE .014 fl oz - $.55

What: Oil-free SPF 30 balm that creates a velvety (not to mention trendy) matte finish.

I've tried similiar makeup products from dr. brandt before. I don't love them or hate them. Since it's a foil packet, I have difficulty assigning a value.

Beekind Body Lotion 30 ml - $1.90

What: This natural hydrator from the eco-friendly line softens with honey and organic chamomile.

I didn't care for the scent of this body lotion, but I love the natural ingredients!



Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk 50 ml - $10.30

What: Award winning fan fave that absorbs grease and puts the bounce back into second-day hair.

I've been trying to get into dry shampoo, but sometimes I feel like they just make my hair look dirtier? Maybe I'm not doing it right? I already wash my hair every other day, so it's not that my hair needs to adjust to a new wash schedule, so I'm not sure!


Vitivia Vitamin A15 & C10 Capsules - $11.79

What: Serum-infused capsules of concentrated wrinkle-fighting vitamin A and skin-brightening C.
How: Apply one capsule's worth of serum to clean, dry skin. Use C10 in the a.m. and A15 at night.

I really liked how soft these made my skin, although they dried really quickly when applying, which I thought made it difficult to evenly apply. I'm not sure that I'm willing to pay $55 for them though. Birchbox also included a sticker advertising their new mobile platform. It was meant to clean your phone, but it didn't really work for me?


Lifestyle Extra: Ahmad Tea London Assorted Teas - $.53

What: A best-selling British blend of premium teas from Assam, Sri Lanka, and Kenya.

I like tea, so I was happy to see these in my box. I also liked that they were an assortment from different countries!

Overall this box had a value of $25.07. This wasn't one of my favorite Birchboxes, but I got to try new products.

No comments:

Post a Comment