Thursday, June 12, 2014

Bonjour Jolie - December 2013

Bonjour Jolie is a time-of-month subscription that sends you a monthly supply of your choice of feminine products along with some extra goodies to pamper you during your time-of-month. This is my review of the December box!


The Box: Bonjour Jolie

The Cost: $16 plus shipping ($21 total for me)

The Products: 25 feminine products based on your preferences and several additional pampering items!


Tis The Season. This December, we want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!


The Gift: Silver Snowflake Jingle Bells Bracelet - $16

A handmade bracelet with a delicate silver snowflake and jingle bells, perfect for the holiday season!

This gift isn't my style. I may give it to my cousin's daughter. 

The Edibles:

Ghirardelli Chocolates & SteenLand Chocolate Snowflake Coins

Peppermint Chocolate make the perfect candy for the holidays! Made by Steenland, a premium choclatier in the Netherlands. Did you know that chocolate coins have been traditionally given at Christmas and Hanukkah since as far back as 270 AD? 

I won't turn down chocolate, but I wish there was something like the caramel they had in November instead. 


Sweet Dreams Hot Cocoa Mix

Hand-ground organic artisan cocoa mix in dark chocolate and cinnamon. Mix in 8 oz of hot milk, or hot water! The mixes are vegan, sugar free and gluten free too!

These were okay. I think I'm just not a fan of the brand since I didn't like the hot cider versions that much either. 

The Pampering:

Peppermint Lip Balm -$4

We have developed our own signature lip balm. Made with mostly organic ingredients, this cool peppermint balm hydrates your lips with lasting moisture! 

I prefer Burts Bees, but I'll use this eventually. 

Vanilla Sugar Scrub Lip Treatment -$4

We have developed our own signature lip scrub, filled with moisture and sweet sugar, to gently exfoliate those dry winter lips. Gently rub in small circles all over your lips and lick or wipe off. Instantly your lips will feel softer and smoother.

This actually came in handy over the long, dry winter. I like the clever packaging!


Crocheted Face Scrubby by Sam's Crochet -$1

Handmade with 100% natural cotton. These little scrubbers work hard to gently exfoliate your face. You can use them to gently remove eye makeup too!

I've used this a few times. Not sure if it's better than other exfoliating washcloths I use. 

Gingerbread Scented Candles - $1

We designed our own candles for the holidays! In a warm gingerbread scent to fill your roomwith the aroma of holiday cooking!

I love candles, so these will get used. 


Summer's Eve Feminine Wipes

Designed to help wipe away odor-causing bacteria, cleansing cloths are a quick, discreet way to freshen up when you're on the go, which is probably most of the time. Stash them in your purse or gym bag!

I'm not a fan of this. Using fragrances is actually harmful and changes the ph balance of your vajayjay. You're supposed to have an odor down there. It's your healthy bacteria at work! You're more at risk for infection, such as yeast infection when you use scented feminine products!

Feminine Products
Overall  this was probably my least favorite out of all the bonjour jolie boxes I've received. I don't do a value as I usually do, since it's hard to place a value on a lot of their items. This is a great time of month subscription in my opinion, but I simply don't go through feminine products that quickly, so I'm cancelling for the time being. My Festival also started carrying Naturecare feminine products as well, so I can grab them from town next time I run out!

2 comments:

  1. Do you really just now in June, get your December box??????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No not at all, I received all my boxes on time. My mother was diagnosed unexpectedly with stage four cancer, so I am just getting around to doing all these reviews. I'm the reason for the delay!

      Delete