Thursday, June 5, 2014

Glossybox - November 2013


The Box: GlossyBox

The Cost: $21/month (you can save more by signing up for a 3, 6 or 12 month subscription)

The Products: Deluxe and full-size beauty products

Coupon: Get $2.75 cash back through Ebates

Information Card

Holiday Romance: It's only November but the streets are already teeming with black coats and gloves and scarves, and some days the chill creeps through the air and seeps through our sweaters. While we love our leather and cashmere, we're equally enamored by flowing silk and delicate black lace. This month, we're inspired by holiday romance - think gorgeous matte skin paired with bold and dramatic shades on the eyes and lips. After all, it's okay to indulge and be a little girly sometimes.


Nicka K New York Professional Eyeshadow Brush - $4.99

Effortlessly apply your eyeshadow with this ergonomically designed brush. Each lightweight brush is specifically crafted with a quality pony hair and designed with easy handling in mind, resulting in precise and flawless application of makeup.

I could always use new brushes and the quality and shape on this one was great. I used it everyday and it just recently broke while traveling.

Jelly Pong Pong 2-in-1 eyeliner & shadow .10 oz - $17

A uniquely formulated crayon that doubles as an eyeliner for thick, precise lines as well as a perfectly blended eyeshadow. The exclusive combination of Italian formulated waxes and pigments allows you to build up the color, smudge, or create bold lines quickly and easily.

I was happy to see I received an evergreen shade. It's perfect for fall and I have nothing else like it. I'm not sure I'd use it as a shadow, but it's beautiful as eyeliner. 

Emite Makeup Micronized Eye Shadow in Dams - $27

Create the ultimate smokey eye with this highly pigmented eyeshadow. The micronized formula assures a fine, smooth and even application and avoids grainy results for a stunning, romantic look. Can be used both wet and dry. 

I don't wear much black eyeshadow (I prefer brown/nudes), so this is still unopened. 


The Aloe Source Jojoba Radiance Cleansing Polish 1 oz - $4.48 (full size $30/6.7 fl oz)

This multi-tasking sulfate-free cleanser effectively removes makeup, oil and impurities. It gently exfoilates with a combination of jojoba microbeads and alpha and beta hydroxy acids while nourishing aloe vera soothes skin for a healthy, radiant glow. Suitable for all skin types.

I've been using this as a cleanser when I travel. I like that it doesn't dry my skin out like some cleansers do. 

Mastey Color Protection Color Protecting Leave-In Oil Treatment 2 oz - $25

This leave-in oil treatment is a combination of certified argan oil from Morocco, olive oil, and grape seed extract. These three ingredients in combination with Mastey's vegetable based natural 
moisturizing factor, rice amino acids (rice proteins) for reconstruction, and Vitamins E and B5, make it the perfect solution for damaged or color treated hair. (Get 20% off purchase with code GB-FRIEND)

I had a similar product that I was already using, so I just started using this product when I ran out recently. It's perfect for prepping my strands prior to using sea salt spray.

Overall this box had a value of $78.47, which is always great for the $21 price point! The only thing I won't use is the eyeshadow, so this was a great month for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment