Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Ipsy - June 2014

Pretty in Paradise
The Subscription: Ipsy Glam Bag

The Cost: $10 a month (free shipping)

The Products: Full size and deluxe samples of makeup and beauty product


Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray 1.52 oz - $0.91

I have wavy/straight hair, so I love using sea salt sprays to boost my natural curl. This one smells great, so I can't wait to try it! 

OFRA Universal Eyebrow Pencil - $13

I have dark straggly eyebrows, so this shade was perfect for me to fill them in. Although it seemed a bit dark to be considered "universal" in my opinion. The picture online also looks different than the product we received, so maybe this is actually their brown eyeliner?? Either way, it's a very soft product. I will probably have to sharpen it after only two uses.


NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee - $5

Meh. I have a TON of lip gloss, so I don't really need more. I tested this one with a q-tip and the color was nice, but I thought it was sticky even though the description says it's not supposed to be. I think I'll be swapping this as I have similar shades already.

Be a Bombshell Lash Out Mascara - $15

There has been a lot of talk about this mascara this month! Many people have been complaining of a chemical smell and irritation with use. The mascara I received has a very noticeable smell when you open it, so I have decided not to risk trying it. Be a Bombshell has issued this message on Facebook informing subscribers that they are going to re-test the batch 0310 issued to Ipsy.


Realtree for Her Perfume Sample .16 oz - $.05

I hate perfume samples. I'm very picky about scents, especially since I'm migraine prone, so this is up for swap!

Overall this bag had a value of $33.96. While this wasn't my favorite bag, the bag itself (which was a collaboration with Rebecca Minkoff) and the Dream Waves Beach Spray make it worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment