Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Ipsy - May 2014

Fresh Picks
The Subscription: Ipsy Glam Bag

The Cost: $10 a month (free shipping)

The Products: Full size and deluxe samples of makeup and beauty products


Eva NYC Therapy Session Hair Mask 60 ml - $12

This product makes my hair feel extremely soft and it smells very pleasant. There's almost a subtle scent of baby powder to me. I threw this in my travel bag and my boyfriend mentioned that my hair smelled nice last time I visited. He rarely notices any changes I make in my routine, so for him to say something is significant. ;)


Pacifica Mineral Eyeshadow Duo #1 (Celestial & Opal) .07 oz - $3.92

I love these neutral shades and the fact that they are 100% vegan, cruelty-free and formulated without FD & C color, parabens and petroleum makes me love them even more. They aren't highly pigmented though, so if that's your preference you probably wouldn't want to purchase these. If you're like me and only want a subtle hint of color, this product is for you!

derma e Microdermabrasion Scrub 1 oz - $16.25

 Yay! Another microdermabrasion scrub! I loved the dr. brandt one Ipsy sent last month and I may like this one even more. The sample size is very generous and all their products are 100% vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free, mineral oil-free, glycol-free, lanolin-free, gluten free, GMO-free!


Hey Honey Take It Off! Exfoliating Honey Peel Off Mask 10 ml - $7

I love masks and honey, so this mask was made for me. It works a lot better if you use a moisturizer prior to using the mask per the directions. It is also paraben and SLS free. 

Jersey Shore Sun Sans Tan Anti-Aging Sunscreen .5 oz - $7.5

I know a lot of Ipsyers who received this product, didn't like it, but I actually didn't mind it! Yes, it is a little hard to apply and it does leave a whitening effect, but I found that by mixing it with regular lotion, those effects were minimized. It  also didn't leave me too pasty that a little bronzing body shimmer or foundation couldn't fix! I love that it's formulated without Retinyal Palminate (associated with risks of birth defects), Oxybenzone (associated with low birth rate and endometriosis in women), Parabens or Paba, Petrochemicals and Fragrance. It's also reef friendly, biodegradable, and cruelty-free.

Overall this bag had a value of $46.67. I love all the natural products this month and the gorgeous bag itself. I will definitely use everything this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment