Thursday, June 12, 2014

Popsugar Must Have - February 2014



The Box: POPSUGAR Must Have

The Cost: $39.95/month

The Products: “Must have” lifestyle items for women selected by Popsugar editors. Categories may include home, beauty, fitness and food.   

Coupon: Use code REFER5 to save $5 off your first box



February is a wonderful time, and not just because it's the month of love. It's after the holiday rush but before all of spring's activities, making it the perfect opportunity to sit back and treat yourself well. For that reason, you'll find beauty products like an extra special face serum, noteworthy nail polish, and a relaxing candle. Of course, we wouldn't forget a little something (or two) for a romantic Valentine's Day celebration. Dare we say not even Cupid could deliver a better surprise? Unwrap and enjoy!



Must Have Fashion: Gorjana Brooks Jewelry Roll - $45

There's nothing worse than when your jewelry gets tangled because it's floating in a pouch. The next time you're on the go, use this striking gorjana jewelry roll to store your most-used necklaces, bracelets and rings. The design rolls up easily, and the three pockets will keep your gems nice and organized.

I already own a jewelry roll from Gorjana and personally I like the one I bought better. I might be able to use this for other items such as makeup, but in my opinion the compartments seem a little small for that. I will most likely end up swapping it instead. Popsugar also included a $25 gift card for Gorjana.


Must Have Beauty: Nourish Organic Pure Hydrating Argan Face Serum - $23.99

Keep your face in tip-top shape! Made from a concentrated blend of Moroccan, apricot, and rosehip oils, Nourish Organic's all natural face serum hydrates and softens skin for a brighter even complexion. Use it in the morning under your daily moisturizer or at night before bed; either way, you'll instantly feel the soft and smooth difference.

This was my favorite item this month! I love oil facial products and this stuff not only smells amazing, but also makes my skin look and feel amazing. It says can be used alone or under moisturizer, but since I have oily/combination skin I used it alone as a moisturizer and it worked great. This is probably the first skincare product that I've actually used up right away from Popsugar! I will have to swap for more.


Must Have Home: K Hall Designs Peony Travel Candle - $11

All good things come in mini-packages, including this K Hall-designed travel candle. For once, you can take your favorite floral scent with you in a convenient tin. But don't let its small size fool you - the hand-poured candle made from natural vegetable wax has a burn time of 20 hours. Perfect for that Valentine's Day getaway!

I love Peonies and candles, so this will go to use. I do wish it would have been full size though. 


Must Have Beauty: ModelCo Lip Pops Duo Lip Gloss and Lipstick - $15

Major points for anything that makes your beauty routine easier. That's just what you should expect with this ModelCo lipstick and lip gloss product. Designed to be worn separately or together, the long-lasting, high-shine duo is a welcome addition to your handbag. All it takes is a quick swipe, and you'll be photo-ready in no time.

I also don't need anymore lipstick/lip color, but this is a good pink/nude that will get used. The lipstick is in "Dusk" and the lipgloss is "Striptease". I did think the packaging was very cheaply made though!


Must Have Food: Sugarwish Mini Red Cinnamon Hearts - $6.25

Enjoy these Sugarwish cinnamon hearts now, but get your real personalized treat later. We love the online candy gift site, because the recipient gets to choose which candies they'd like to get in the cute blue boxes. We went ahead and ordered you the cinnamon hearts - because of Valentine's Day, of course - but give a friend (or yourself!) the sweet treat of their choosing with this unique discount code.

I actually like cinnamon hearts, so I enjoyed these. I also thought the packaging was adorable, although I side with everyone else in saying the prices are seemingly high considering you can get the candies on their site pretty much anywhere. What's the "specialty" other than the packaging? Popsugar also included a code for 20% off.


Must Have Beauty: NCLA Rodeo Drive Royalty Nail Polish - $16

You'll be taking this polish to the salon, it's that good. This pretty deep-burgundy shade from NCLA features a quick-dry, chip-resistant formula that pretty much guarantees an easy finish. Take it from the name - even the rich and famous don't have anything on your nails.

I have a lot of polish already, but I can't turn down a basic Valentine's Day red, especially in a brand I have yet to try! I will say that I would have preferred something other than more polish though!


Special Extra: Dial Vitamin Boost Body Wash - $3.97

Give your skin the attention it deserves with a little help from Dial's vitamin-boosting body wash. The new advanced formula brings moisture straight to the skin's surface.

Mine arrived with a cracked lid, but luckily none spilled! While I would have preferred something a little more high end than Dial, it's body wash and it definitely got used this winter. I loved that this body wash was lotion based to help soothe my dry, winter skin!

Overall this box had a value of $121.21. This was probably one my least favorites as far as Popsugar boxes go, but I did love the Nourish Organics Serum!

No comments:

Post a Comment