Thursday, June 12, 2014

Stitch Fix #2 - February 2014

  

Stitch Fix is a clothing subscription service for women in which they send you items based on your size and style preferences. I received a gift card awhile back from Popsugar and managed to trade for another one as well.

 

The Box: Stitch Fix

The Cost: $20 styling fee + the cost of any items you keep. The $20 will be deducted from your total purchase and if you decide to keep ALL the items from your fix, you will receive an additional 25% off!

The Products: 5 clothing and accessory items selected for you based on your style profile (NOTE: They don't carry sizes over 14.)

You have three days to determine which items you are going to keep or return, so keep that in mind when you schedule your fix. The last thing you want is to schedule your fix for a time when you're away on vacation only to return to realize the items in your fix don't fit and you're no longer able to return them...

Returns are free, but be aware that keep if you choose to return all the items you received in your fix, you basically lose the $20 you paid for the styling fee. No refunds are given.


Street Level Lana Stud Detail Quilted Crossbody Bag - $48

I mentioned that I wanted a brown leather purse to my stylist, but unfortunately this particular one isn't my style. I prefer more classic pieces, so this was returned. 


Kensie Bellview Solid Scallop Tiered Blouse - $78

I loved the color of this shirt, but not the scallop style, so this was returned too.


RD Style Wilkes Colorblocked Raglan Sweater - $58

I already wasn't a huge fan of this before trying it on as it looked lumpy and cheaply made. It seemed even more so once on, however and it was also on the shorter side. This was also returned.


Three Dots Addy Striped French Terry Short-Sleeve Top - $58

I became excited when I first saw this shirt (I love stripe designs like this), but I was disappointed in the fit once I tried it on. It was simply too short for my torso. Since I'm heavier on the bottom, I prefer longer shirts. Unfortunately I returned this as well.  


Under Skies Dorthie Polka Dot Blazer - $78

I wouldn't normally see myself wearing a casual blazer, but I actually liked it more on! Unfortunately the arms were too tight for me (I was a swimmer growing up), so I ended up returning this as well.

Overall I wasn't as happy with this fix as I was last time since I didn't end up keeping anything, but I discovered brands that were otherwise unknown to me prior. Since you do have to pay full price for these items, my philosophy is that I have to love everything about an item in order to keep it. I would have probably keep 2/3 of these items if it weren't for fit issues! I will probably give Stitch Fix another go in a few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment